Schneider Electric Data privacy statement
1. Schneider Electric commits to protect your personal informationSchneider Electric is committed to protect your privacy and your personal information. We encourage you to read this privacy statement.
This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and the way your personal information is collected online and how that information is used by us. This statement will be readily available on our home page and at the bottom of every Schneider Electric Web page.
Schneider Electric strongly supports the fundamental rights to privacy and data Protection as well as compliance with national and international privacy laws.
In the legal and ethical principles, "Our Principles of Responsibility“, Schneider Electric commits to maintain confidential any personal information and to strictly limit any disclosure in accordance with local laws.
Schneider Electric has established this Privacy statement as an external publication of our Data Privacy binding corporate rules (“BCR”), sanctioned by Data Protection Authorities of the European Union in November 2012.
In the Schneider Electric’s Data privacy Binding corporate Rules, we respect and take into account the major principles of the EU Directive 95/46/EC as our Head-Office is located in European Union.
Our Privacy Rules are applicable in all of our affiliates for the collection, processing, use, dissemination, transfer, and storage of personal information. They impose common rules for all of our entities of all countries, and aim at ensuring a high level of protection of personal information within Schneider Electric.
3. How we process your personal information?Schneider Electric respects the privacy rights and interests of each individual, employee, candidate or customer. Schneider Electric subsidiaries will observe the following principles when processing your personal information:
1. Processing your personal information fairly and lawfully.
2. Collecting your personal information for specified, legitimate purposes and not processing further in ways incompatible with those purposes.
3. Collecting your personal information which is relevant to and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected and used. We may render information anonymous when feasible and appropriate, depending on the nature of the data and the risks associated with the intended uses.
4. Maintaining your personal information accurate, and where necessary, kept up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to rectify or delete Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
5. Keeping your personal information only as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed.
6. Processing your personal information in accordance with the individual’s legal rights.
7. Taking appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access, unlawful processing, and unauthorized or accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal information.
8. Processing your personal information based on the following legal basis:
- You have unambiguously given your consent; or
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; or
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Schneider Electric is subject; or
- The processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject; or
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller or in a third party to whom the data is disclosed; or
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Schneider Electric or by the third party or parties to whom the data is disclosed, except where such interests are overridden by the interests for fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.
All Schneider Electric entities ensure that these principles are observed.
4. Why we collect your personal information?Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide our customers and other users with superior service and a smooth, efficient and personalised experience while using the sites. For example, if you purchase products or request information on the sites, we use your personal information to fill your order or provide the requested information.
Schneider Electric may collect personal Information from you to complete various transactions, such as:
• product or service orders, activations and registrations
• profile creation
• information requests
• marketing or support subscriptions
• contest entries or survey participation
• job applications
5. What information is collected?Schneider Electric collects and uses your personal information to better serve you and personalise your experience and interaction with Schneider Electric. Such collection is done with appropriate notice and consent, along with required filings with data protection authorities, where applicable.
Personal information (or personal data) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
This privacy statement does not cover personal information rendered anonymous or where pseudonyms are used. Data is rendered anonymous if individual persons are no longer identifiable or are identifiable only with a disproportionately large expense in time, cost, or labour. The use of pseudonyms involves the replacement of names or other identifiers with substitutes, so that identification of individual persons is either impossible or at least rendered considerably more difficult. If data rendered anonymous becomes no longer anonymous (i.e., individual persons are again identifiable), or if pseudonyms are used and the pseudonyms allow identification of individual persons, then this privacy statement will again apply.
It is always up to you whether to disclose personal information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services.
The types of personal information we collect from you may include:
• your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address and shipping address
• customer type, job function, job title, purchasing authority, purchasing timeframe and others
• product and service preferences, contact preferences, educational and employment background, and job interest data
• your Schneider Electric user ID and password (where applicable)
• credit card information (where applicable)
• IP address (see chapter on cookies)
How We Use Your Information
We gather and use information in a number of ways, including the following:
Browsing and Searching: We collect certain personal Information when you visit the sites or click on the various links for products and services. We collect this information to improve your web user experience for your next visits (ex: country selection), help run the sites more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information, to monitor the level of activity on the sites, and to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising. (See chapter 8 about cookies)
Ordering: We collect Personal Information when you purchase products and services. We collect this information to deliver your order, to obtain payment, and to communicate with you about the status of your order.
Technical support: We may collect certain information when you request technical support for Schneider Electric products. This information is necessary to identify your systems, understand the configuration of the products, diagnose your questions, and provide solutions.
Online surveys and polling: We collect Personal Information from customers who volunteer to complete surveys or participate in polls. We use this information to improve our products and services.
Promotional activities: We collect Personal Information from you when you enter a promotional program or activity. We use this information to administer the program or activity, to send you promotional e-mails, notify winners, and make the winners' list publicly available pursuant to applicable regulations and laws.
Newsletters and promotional e-mails: We collect Personal Information when you ask to receive newsletters, promotional e-mails, and other information. We use this information to provide you the information you request.
Contact information: If you contact us, we keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including Personal Information, in a file specific to you. We use this information to help us provide you better service in the event you contact us again.
We may keep your information for a reasonable period for the purposes set out above.
How do we use your information for marketing?
We (including our group companies) and carefully selected third parties may use the information we collect to inform you, by letter, fax, phone, SMS and email about promotions, news and new products that we think may be of interest to you. By providing us with your information you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us please indicate this where requested on the registration or request form.
6. What we do with your personal dataIf you do provide personal information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
• not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt–in , we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
• take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
• not use or disclose the information except:
> as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
> in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
> as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
> to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
> as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
> as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Schneider Electric, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organisations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
7. Your contentBy providing us with your personal information and using the sites, you consent to our processing your personal data and sensitive personal data for the above purposes. You also consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the EU, if necessary for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your information is protected. If you provide us with information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data including sensitive personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their personal data will be processed.
8. CookiesA cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on an internet user's hard drive. It is generated by a web page server, which is basically the computer that operates a web site. The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user's identification card, which tell a web site when the user has returned.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer or to stop cookies being accepted in future you should refer to your browser manufacturer's instructions by clicking "Help" in your browser menu. More information is available at www.AboutCookies.org.
Third party cookies for analytics purpose
In order to provide our visitors with a better service, we measure the number of page views, the number of visits, the different actions performed by visitors on our site, the geo-location of our visitors and the number of times visitors return to our site. For this purpose, we use two web analytics software tools: Analyzer and Google Analytics as well as the marketo Munchkin Cookie.
Analyzer information (AT Internet - http://www.atinternet.com)
All of the results which are obtained are then compiled, and are completely anonymous. The results provide information on the navigation and behaviour of Internet users on the websites of AT Internet customers, information such as: the number of visitors, the number of visits, the number of page viewed and other information that is necessary for the effective measurement of Internet user interests. With these results it is then possible to improve the ergonomics and content of such websites.
Please visit http://www.atinternet.com/en/company/data-protection/ in order to check your access rights, right to reply and right to remove data.
Google Analytics information
This website uses as well Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
In case IP-anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be truncated within the area of Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the whole IP address will be first transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. The IP-anonymisation is active on this website.
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing them other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Marketo Munchkin Cookie
How does it work?
• This behavior is very functional, very similar to other web tracking scripts such as Google Analytics
• Our cookie is a 1st party cookie, and only visible for us.
What does Munchkin Capture?
When on a page, Munchkin automatically gathers the following information:
• Page Visits
• Link Clicks
• IP Address
• Our cookie ID
If you prefer that we do not place this cookie on your web browser you may opt out by clicking on the “opt-out” button below.
9. How we protect your informationSchneider Electric and its subsidiaries are committed to taking appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures to protect its Employees and Customers Personal Data against unauthorized access, unlawful processing, accidental loss or damage, and unauthorized destruction.
We offer the use of a secure server to enable you to place orders or access your account information. This encrypts your information before it is sent to us. We also take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
We limit access to our internal systems that hold Personal Data to a selected group of authorized users who are given access to such systems through the use of a unique identifier and password. Access to Personal Data is limited to and provided to individuals for the purpose of performing their job duties.
Our Third Party Access Policy defines the rules regarding the access types to be granted to the third parties, according to their needs and the security level to be ensured. This policy is applicable to all third parties requiring access to systems, applications, network devices and services and aims at limiting the risks of unauthorized access to Schneider Electric Information systems by ensuring limited accesses to the specific needs.
However we cannot guarantee the security of any data you provide to us and you accept the inherent risks of on-line correspondence and purchases over the internet. Any purchases made by you via the Sites are subject to the terms and conditions contained on the Sites.
We may also provide social media links that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with Schneider Electric on various social media sites. Your use of these links may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
If you post, comment, indicate interest, or share personal information, including photographs, to any public forum, social network, blog, or other such forum, please be aware that any personal information you submit can be read, viewed, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes that neither you nor Schneider Electric have control over Schneider Electric is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
11. Your rights to accessAs data subjects you may inquire as to the nature of the Personal Data stored or processed about you by any Schneider Electric entity. You will be provided access to your personal data regardless of the location of the data processing and storage.
A Schneider Electric entity processing such data will cooperate in providing such access to you either directly or through a local entity. All such requests for access may be sent to:
Schneider Electric Data Privacy Officer
35 rue Joseph Monier
F- 92506 Rueil-Malmaison
If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that the data be amended.
12. Change in this privacy statementSchneider Electric reserves the right to modify this privacy statement as needed, for example, to comply with changes in laws, regulations, Schneider Electric practices and procedures, or requirements imposed by data protection authorities.
In this case, Schneider Electric will inform Schneider Electric candidates, Customers and other persons of any material changes in this privacy statement. Schneider Electric will post all changes on relevant internal and external websites.
This statement and the policies referred herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights.
Last update: 13 May 2013