• Supply reliable, high quality, 24/7 power to Tata Power customers in Mumbai
• Reduce outage frequency and duration
• Improve revenue recognition by minimizing ENS (Energy Not Supplied) factor
• Develop a robust electrical distribution network that can support growth in the customer base
Efficiency and Sustainability with EcoStruxure ™
Edge Control: EcoStruxure™ Self-healing grid connecting to existing SCADA & DMS
Connected Products: Smart digital substations, Smart RMUs, Smart packaged systems, and Smart breakers
• Schneider Electric partnered up with Tata Power to deploy an innovative, decentralized control approach to handling power interruptions through self-healing technology. This led to the implementation of India’s first self-healing grid.
• Self-healing grid technology helps automate power supply restoration, keeping interruptions to a minimum. Unlike the conventional centralized control approach, the self-healing grid (SHG) is fully decentralized. In the event of a power fault, substations communicate with each other and execute the best possible instruction for rapid fault isolation and power restoration in the network. The average restoration time with SHG is less than a minute, whereas the conventional restoration approach would usually take hours.
• In addition, the self-healing grid concept requires no manual intervention, thereby minimizing all errors and delays in the restoration of supply to consumers. Power restoration turnaround times of under a minute are key to critical services such as hospitals, banks, and data centers. The technology also reduces emissions and carbon footprint thanks to lowered fossil fuel usage.