• Schwarzman College at Tsinghua University was designed by Professor Robert A.M. Stern, former dean of the Yale School of Architecture and a founder of post-modernism architectural style. Schwarzman College was created to provide a superior learning and living environment for the world leaders of tomorrow.
• Schwarzman College practices open learning, fosters student-teacher interaction, and provides living facilities fit for Schwarzman Scholars graduate students.
• The project presented special challenges in integrating Eastern and Western architecture design standards and project management practices.
• Through the adoption of forward-thinking, green and intelligent building solutions with outstanding performance in all dimensions, the building achieved the demanding requirements of LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification.
Efficiency and Sustainability with EcoStruxure™
Apps, Analytics & Services : Remote service
Edge Control: EcoStruxure Building Operation, Energy Management System, Intelligent Lighting System, Security Systems
Connected Products: Transmission and distribution systems and products
• In the Schwarzman College project, Schneider Electric delivered software and hardware products, solutions and services for intelligent buildings. EcoStruxure Building Operation applications included building energy systems, energy management systems, intelligent lighting systems, room control systems, video control systems, leakage fire alarm systems, integrated cabling systems, panel switches, LV & MV distribution and transformers, and terminal control boxes.
• Through integration of IT and OT, IoT-enabled EcoStruxure delivered innovation at every level – from Connected Products to Edge Control to Apps, Analytics and Services. EcoStruxure laid the groundwork for LEED Gold certification approval by optimizing energy efficiency and sustainability at Schwarzman College.
• For the Schwarzman College project, EcoStruxure Building provides intelligent, seamless and unified management of each subsystem within its buildings. And Energy Management System (EMS) is designed to monitor and control energy consumption, identify energy-saving space, analyze energy consumption cost, predict energy consumption and equipment operation trends, and implement data statistics, with the help of Power Monitoring Expert (PME).
• The combination of PME and EMS allows the monitoring and optimization of energy and ensures the efficient and connected operation of Schwarzman College, paving the way for continuous improvements in quality of service and the efficiency of the College.