• The MCG is the 10th largest stadium in the world and the largest in Australia, it requires a significant amount of electricity, gas and water to operate.
• With energy costs rising, the MCG is facing the challenge of reducing its costs, improving its energy efficiency and asset management, all while minimizing its environmental footprint.
• The MCG was already monitoring electricity, but they needed to integrate water and gas data into a centralized system and turn all the utility data into meaningful and actionable insights for its various stakeholder groups.
• The MCG needed to keep improving power quality and proactively maintaining the site, mitigating risks coming from poor power quality. Hence, the maximum uptime can be achieved to ensure the game is always on.
Sustainability and Efficiency with EcoStruxure™ Power
Apps, Analytics & Services : Utilities Monitoring and Visualization System (UMVS), a cloud-hosted and real-time system for electricity, gas and water
Edge Control: Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure Power Monitoring Expert Platform
Connected Products: Power meters and gateways, Programmable Logic Controllers (Hot Standby Quantum PLC’s), PowerSCADA Operations and C-Bus lighting automation systems
• The Utilities Monitoring and Visualization System (UMVS) is cloud-hosted and allows MCG to track live consumption of electricity, water and gas during an event and when the stadium is not in use.
• With the comprehensive metering system (over 100 metering points), the UMVS system not only provides the cost of running the facility, but also allows the customer to track real-time cost savings when they are making the changes.
• The UMVS system has been integrated with other systems including C-Bus lighting automation control, the Power Monitoring and Control System (PowerSCADA Operations and Hot Standby Quantum PLC’s) and building management system.