- Enel case study Empowering a bright, connected future
With more and more variable renewable energy sources, Enel has updated their grid management system to meet tomorrow’s needs, while improving quality of service and reliability.
The Challenge• The switch to renewable energies is one of the big priorities of this century.
• Energy distribution is more challenging than ever before.
• How did Enel, the largest electricity distributor in Italy, adapt its grid for efficiency to fully benefit from green energies and achieve carbon neutrality by 2050?
The SolutionEfficiency and Sustainability with EcoStruxure
Apps, Analytics & Services : EcoStruxure ADMS (Advanced Distribution Management System)
• A smart grid capable of making the best of all the data gathered on all systems to flexibly adapt and dynamically balance supply and demand.
• Enel uses our EcoStruxure ADMS to provide a visual, mathematical model of its distribution network, including detailed models for voltage management, distributed generation, frequency control, demand response, and smart grid management data.
• EcoStruxure ADMS is a real-time solution that provides complete functionality for the planning, operation, simulation and analysis of a utility’s distribution system.
• ADMS helps utilities with complex networks, like Enel’s, minimize interruptions and energy losses. It allows Enel to compile all data collected on its existing systems into smart central system, analyze it, and suggest the best course of action.
- Paris Innovation Summit Enel’s bold idea
The world is going to be more and more connected and electric, with the customer at the center, becoming a key player in the system. Our challenge is to orchestrate everything with intelligence, through smart digital platforms - Marco Gazzino, Head of Partnerships & Innovation Intelligence, ENEL (Italy). #WhatsYourBoldIdea?
Learn how your business can achieve success with Innovation At Every Level.
EcoStruxure ADMS combined with weather forecasting can maximize the benefits of distributed generation.
Discover more customer stories
Innovative grids, renewable generation and empowered consumers are here and they shape The New World of Energy in 3D+E
The Results• Optimization of existing networks with no further investments.
• More than 40% of Italy’s energy is now renewable.
• With ADMS, the estimated energy savings are about 144 GWh per year.
• CO2 emissions have been reduced by 75,000t CO2 per year.
• Green energies can be implemented at a much lower social and operational cost