Acti 9 CDS
Load shedding contactors
The Acti 9 CDS load shedding contactor helps avoid breaking of the main circuit breaker when power consumption exceeds the selected threshold. Designed to be easily installed into an electrical switchboard, the load shedding contractor helps to reduce bills whilst increasing the number of loads that can be managed.
FeaturesWith priority channels adjustable from 5 to 90 A and a helpful LED indicator to inform you when load shedding occurs, the load shedding contactor provides flexibility and enhances the continuity of supply.
- CDS products avoid breaking of the main circuit breaker when power consumption exceeds the power subscribed by the consumer.
- As soon as the total current drawn exceeds the pre-set threshold, the contactor will temporarily break supply to the circuits considered to be non-priority.
- Priority channel adjustable from 5 to 90 A, non-priority channels 15 A.
- Voltage rating - single phase: 240 V A + 5 % - 10 %, 3-phase: 415 V AC + 5 % - 10 %.
- Frequency: 50 /60 Hz.
- LED to indicate installer when load shedding occurs.
- Restoration period: 5 to 10 mn.
- Option to override with a load shedding override input.
- 1 A rating NO contact allowing remote indication of load shedding or direct load shedding via a NC contactor.
For more of the Acti 9 CDS range see the following products:
- Acti 9 CDS: single-phase load shedding of 2 circuits in cascade mode,
- Acti 9 CDS: 3-phase load shedding (one circuit on each of the 3 phases),
- Acti 9 CDSc: single-phase load shedding of 4 circuits in cascade-cyclic mode.
BenefitsSuitable for residential and commercial buildings, the Acti 9 CDS load shedding contactor provides a reduction in energy bills, enhanced continuity of supply and expert management of load shedding.
- Reduces electricity bills through the reduction of subscribed demand.
- Increases the number of loads that can be managed, without increasing subscribed demand.
- Enhances continuity of supply: as soon as the power consumed by the installation approaches the power set on the product, Acti 9 CDS shed non-priority loads in cascade.
ApplicationsSpecially designed for residential and commercial installations up to 36 kVA, the Acti 9 CDS load shedding contactor is not only easy to install, but effectively reduces electricity bills whilst ensuring enhanced continuity of supply.
- Reduction of electricity bills by authorizing reduction of subscribed demand.
- Installed in the electrical switchboard, the load shedding contactors are designed to be implemented by an electrical contractor.
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Frequently Asked QuestionsEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service Browse FAQ
Field ServicesOptimize the life cycle of your assets, improve performance, safety, and reduce maintenance costs – all with an experienced provider of complete field services and a partner you can trust. Discover services