EcoStruxure™ OPC UA Server Expert
Secure, open, high performance IIoT communications
A state of the art OPC UA communications platform linking industrial devices and Modicon PLCs to the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
FeaturesEcoStruxure OPC UA Server Expert is a state of the art communications platform seamlessly linking Schneider Electric PLCs and connected devices to enterprise information systems and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) via the OPC Foundation’s Open Platform Communications – Unified Architecture (OPC UA) service-oriented architecture standard.
The OPC UA standard defines a modern, cybersecure, open and reliable communications architecture for industrial communications that is scalable from resource constrained sensors through to cloud enterprise systems. OPC UA extends the traditional industrial communications model with a full Service Orientated Architecture (SOA) to publish and manage device meta-information and context, eliminating repetition, simplifying system configuration and reducing maintenance overhead.
Building on the field proven device integration layer of OPC Factory Server (OFS), EcoStruxure OPC UA Server Expert updates the ‘OPC Classic’ communications provided by OFS with secure, scalable OPC UA connectivity while maintaining robust integration with modern and legacy field devices.
With the v1.0 release, OPC UA Server Expert provides the following features:
- Compliance with OPC UA v1.03 “Standard Server” profile
- Routable, bandwidth efficient IP connectivity, compatible with modern communications infrastructure
- Robust end to end cyber security including certificate based authentication and encryption
- Meta data model support to define and communicate data structure, meaning and context
- Highly available redundant architectures with auto change over
- Flexible ‘many to many’ device to OPC UA client connectivity
- Online service and symbol discovery with real-time update capabilities
- Located and unlocated Modicon symbols with integrated end to end source timestamping
- Read only access to Modicon M580 Safety symbols
- Modicon Process Automation Controllers
- Current: M340 PAC, M580 ePAC
- Available: Quantum, Premium and Momentum PACs
- Obsolete: Micro, Compact, TSX Series 7 and April Series 1000 PACs
- Modbus/TCP devices via Ethernet connection
- Modbus devices via serial connection
- Modbus serial devices via Schneider Electric Ethernet gateways: TSXETG10●●, EGX●●●
- Uni-Telway serial devices via Schneider Electric gateways (TSXETG1010)
- OPC UA binary (based on OPC UA v1.03 standard)
- Modbus: Modbus serial, Modbus Plus, Modbus/TCP
- X-Way/Uni-TE: Uni-Telway, Fipway, ISAway, PCIway
BenefitsEfficiency and Profitability
- Gain direct realtime insight into your process to improve financial performance
- Connect workers to operational data to improve fault finding, decision making and support continuous improvement
- Lower engineering overhead, reduce time to production and minimise project risk
- Support effective operation and maintenance of capital assets
- Connect process and safety systems and protect your people, assets and the environment
- Ensure business continuity, data integrity and confidentiality
- Robust, high performance connectivity to field equipment for supervisory control (SCADA) or human/machine interface applications.
- Simple, cybersecure integration between devices and advanced reporting, business intelligence and information systems, either on premise or in the cloud.
- Modernisation and standardisaton of industrial communications architectures to a scalable, interoperable open platform.
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Frequently Asked QuestionsEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service Browse FAQ
Need information?Browse our resource section and find the most useful tools and documents for all our products Browse
Energy and sustainability servicesFirst, envision an energy-efficient, cost-effective and sustainable enterprise. Next, discover our energy and sustainability services, including big data management, to turn this vision into your business reality. Browse services
+ Lifecycle ServicesFrom energy and sustainability consulting to optimizing the lifecycle of your assets, we have services to meet your business needs. Discover services