The Connected Room Solution
Create the room of the future with a connectivity hub that improves building efficiency and delivers a personalized occupant experience.
Built on the SmartX IP Controller- RP-C, a modular BACnet/IP Controller, the Connected Room Solution offers a flexible architecture and delivers engaging environments with personalized comfort and increased operational and energy efficiency. Easily integrate with IoT devices, a requirement in today’s connected world, while future-proofing your investment with an infrastructure that will grow with you and adapt to a building tenants changing needs.
FeaturesToday, buildings are becoming more connected through the Internet of Things (IoT) and digitization. Buildings are expected to be hyper-efficient, and building owners require a future-proof infrastructure with the flexibility to respond to changing needs. The Connected Room Solution provides the tools and technology to create engaging environments with personalized comfort and increased operational and energy efficiency, which are essential in today’s connected world.
The SmartX IP Controller – Room Purpose Controller (RP-C), the foundation of the Connected Room Solution, is a freely programmable BACnet/IP-based controller for HVAC room applications to create smart buildings. This modular controller also features an extensible architecture for future light and blind control. Deploy as a standalone solution or integrate with EcoStruxure Building Operation 3.0.1 or any building management system (BMS), and get convenient ladder-free commissioning with the eCommission SmartX Controller Mobile App.
- Monitors and controls room climate
- Utilizes fast and reliable IP communication
- Integrates easily with EcoStruxure Building Operation 3.0.1 or any third-party building management system (BMS)
- Secure & scalable
- Resides on a secure and resilient IP architecture
- Offers multiple standard applications to speed configuration & commissioning
Create smarter workplaces
- Offers room-level HVAC and basic light and blind control out of the box
- Allows for expanded room control with SmartX Living Space Sensors
- Optimize floor plans by re-zoning easily with EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Easily add valuable IoT-based services like automated fault detection and diagnostics, and space analytics
- Deploy additional services such as navigation and comfort control to address occupant needs
The RP-C for HVAC controllers are designed for fan coil units, roof top units, heat pumps, chilled beam and other terminal unit applications. These scalable and secure BACnet/IP-based room controllers enable connected room solutions. With an open IoT hub, they meet customers’ future needs, including light and blind control and easy re-zoning.
The Connected Room Solution is complemented with these offers:
- EcoStruxure Building Engage Occupant Apps - Engage Comfort App
- SmartX eCommission Controller Mobile App
- SmartX Living Space Sensors – Optimum Housing and Light & Blinds capabilities (coming in Fall 2019)
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Frequently Asked QuestionsEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service Browse FAQ
Need information?Browse our resource section and find the most useful tools and documents for all our products Browse
Energy and sustainability servicesFirst, envision an energy-efficient, cost-effective and sustainable enterprise. Next, discover our energy and sustainability services, including big data management, to turn this vision into your business reality. Browse services
+ Lifecycle ServicesFrom energy and sustainability consulting to optimizing the lifecycle of your assets, we have services to meet your business needs. Discover services