Digital multifunctional load management solution up to 80A
TeSys island is designed to switch, protect, and manage motors and other electrical loads up to 80Amps (AC3) in an electrical control panel.
FeaturesTeSys island is an innovative load management solution that makes machines smarter and more reliable, while reducing machine time to market enabling OEMs to move forward in their Industry 4.0 journey. TeSys island is designed to switch, protect, and manage motors and other electrical loads up to 80 Amps (AC3) in an electrical control panel. Thanks to TeSys island’s digital approach, application selection and system configuration is simplified, and engineering tasks are reduced, which enables a faster machine installation phase. TeSys island gives users access to device-related data for system diagnostics. In addition, TeSys island can be easily integrated into 3rd party automation systems and support all major fieldbuses.
• System manages motors and other electrical loads up to 80A/37kW/50hp
• Up to 20 modules / 1 meter at one bus coupler
• One-click mounting on DIN rail and no need for control wiring
• No auxiliary wiring required, thanks to internal AUX bus
• No mechanical adjustments / settings required
• Digital & Analog I/Os available
• International standards-compliant
• Only 21 commercial references for the complete system, including 5 standard motor starters and 5 functional safety motor starters
• Energy monitoring at load level
• Cybersecurity embedded into system (Achilles Level 2 & Safety up to Cat 4)Safety stop TUV certified (Stop 0 and 1 with wiring categories 1 to 3, suitable for Ple (Performance Level) and SIL level 3) Open connectivity thanks to Ethernet IP and Modbus TCP fieldbuses
Benefits• TeSys island provides data that enables the end-user to make informed decisions ahead of time, thanks to pre-alarms that help reduce machine stoppages as well as machine downtime.
• Featuring a catalog of 40 TeSys avatars that are similar to a digital twin and represent a range of pre-configured functions, TeSys island allows intuitive customization of machines while reducing time to market.
• Its object-oriented approach allows users to focus on machine design, integration, and control, rather than on the selection and commissioning of each electro-mechanical component.
• When integrated with the industrial fieldbus, TeSys island eliminates the need for inputs and output modules (I/Os) for control.
Embedded programming in the TeSys island bus coupler leads to reduced PLC programming time. Seamless integration is achieved through function blocks in the EcoStruxure architecture as well as that of other major automation player’s PLCs.
• Users can select the electro-mechanical devices without specific expertise, thanks to the on-line Motor Control Configurator.
• TeSys island is easy to commission through integration with EcoStruxure Machine Expert or third-party PLC programming environments.
• Remote users can easily check health status, troubleshoot and diagnose issues and take action, by accessing the webserver based “Operation and Maintenance” tool.
• Reduce machine stoppage with secured remote resets: for a fast and easy restart.
Faster prescription of spare parts using QR codes and device replacement thanks to embedded functions and SD cards.
• EcoStruxure Machine Advisor, part of EcoStruxure Apps & Analytics architecture, features a dashboard that displays energy consumption and other critical data for C-level and plant managers, as well as advanced diagnostics of particular issues.
• EcoStruxure Augmented Operator Advisor, part of EcoStruxure Apps & Analytics architecture, provides the operator or maintenance service with easy, secure access to the live data of the machine while in operation, as well as datasheets, tutorials, and other documents that are used during operation or maintenance.
• By connecting TeSys island to the EcoStruxure Machine architecture, it is possible to track, monitor and increase system performance remotely, and conduct maintenance outside operational hours.
ApplicationsOptimized and high-performance machines installed in:
• Food & beverage
• Material working
• Material handling
• Small pumps: particularly in food & beverage, manufacturing and logistics segments
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Frequently Asked QuestionsEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service Browse FAQ
Need information?Browse our resource section and find the most useful tools and documents for all our products Browse
Energy and sustainability servicesFirst, envision an energy-efficient, cost-effective and sustainable enterprise. Next, discover our energy and sustainability services, including big data management, to turn this vision into your business reality. Browse services
+ Lifecycle ServicesFrom energy and sustainability consulting to optimizing the lifecycle of your assets, we have services to meet your business needs. Discover services