Digital multifunctional load management solution up to 80A
TeSys island is designed to switch, protect, and manage motors and other electrical loads up to 80Amps (AC3) in an electrical control panel.
FeaturesTeSys™ island is a digital load management solution that makes machines smarter and more reliable. TeSys island is a fully digitized and object-oriented load management system and an Industry 4.0 compliant data provider. It is reducing machine time to market enabling OEMs to move forward in their Industry 4.0 journey. TeSys island is designed to switch, protect, and manage motors and other electrical loads up to 80 Amps (AC3).
Thanks to TeSys island’s object-oriented approach, application selection, and system configuration is simplified, and engineering tasks are reduced, which enables a faster machine installation phase. TeSys island gives users access to device-related data for system diagnostics. In addition, TeSys island can be easily integrated into 3rd party automation systems and supports several fieldbuses like EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP)
• The system manages motors and other electrical loads up to 80A/37kW/40hp
• Up to 20 modules and 1 bus coupler (up to 112cm length)
• One-click mounting on DIN rail and no need for control wiring on modules
• No auxiliary wiring required, thanks to full connectivity over fieldbus
• All adjustments and setting are digitized, no mechanical dials or dip switches
• Digital & Analog I/Os available
• Different products complaints with international standards (IEC / UL / CSA 61010, IEC / UL / CSA 60947, GB/T14018)
• Only 20 commercial references for the complete system, including 5 standard motor starters and 5 SIL motor starters
for functional safety systems as defined in IEC 61508, IEC 62061 and ISO 13849-1
• Energy monitoring at load level
• Cybersecurity embedded into the system (Achilles Level 2)
• Safe Stop TUV certified (Stop 0 and 1 with wiring categories 1 to 2, suitable for PL c, d (Performance Level) and SIL
• Open connectivity thanks to EtherNet/IP and Modbus TCP fieldbuses
• Featuring a catalog of TeSys avatars representing load functionalities and basic applications, similar to a digital twin, TeSys island allows intuitive and simplified engineering of machines while reducing time to market.
• The object-oriented approach of the TeSys Avatars allows users to focus on machine design, integration, and control, rather than on the selection and commissioning of each electro-mechanical component.
• TeSys island eliminates the need for inputs and output modules (I/Os) for control.
• Users can select the electro-mechanical devices without specific expertise, thanks to the online Motor Control Configurator.
• TeSys island is easy to commission through integration with the EcoStruxure Machine Expert engineering suite
Reduce machine stoppage time with secured remote resets: for a fast and easy restart.
• Faster prescription of spare parts using QR codes and device replacement thanks to embedded functions and SD cards.
A Data Provider
• TeSys island provides data that enables the end-user to make intelligent decisions ahead of time, thanks to pre-alarms that help reduce machine stoppages as well as machine downtime.
• Embedded Avatar logic in the TeSys island bus coupler leads to reduced PLC programming time. Seamless integration is achieved through function blocks in the EcoStruxure architecture as well as that of other major automation player’s PLCs.
• Thanks to the integrated Operation and Maintenance Tool (OMT) as a web server, commissioning, maintenance, diagnosis and troubleshooting is easily performed even w/o the need of the installation of any software.
• EcoStruxure Machine Advisor, part of EcoStruxure Apps & Analytics architecture, features a dashboard that displays energy consumption and other critical data for C-level and plant managers, as well as advanced diagnostics of particular issues.
• EcoStruxure Augmented Operator Advisor, part of EcoStruxure Apps & Analytics architecture, provides the operator or maintenance service with easy, secure access to the live data of the machine while in operation, as well as datasheets, tutorials, and other documents that are used during operation or maintenance.
• By connecting TeSys island to the EcoStruxure Machine architecture, it is possible to track, monitor and increase system performance remotely, and conduct maintenance outside operational hours.
ApplicationsOptimized and high-performance machines installed in:
• Food & beverage
• Material working
• Material handling
• Small pumps: particularly in food & beverage, manufacturing and logistics segments
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Frequently Asked QuestionsEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service Browse FAQ
Need information?Browse our resource section and find the most useful tools and documents for all our products Browse
Energy and sustainability servicesFirst, envision an energy-efficient, cost-effective and sustainable enterprise. Next, discover our energy and sustainability services, including big data management, to turn this vision into your business reality. Browse services
+ Lifecycle ServicesFrom energy and sustainability consulting to optimizing the lifecycle of your assets, we have services to meet your business needs. Discover services