High current air circuit breakers up to 6300 A embedding advanced digital technologies
Future Ready Masterpact MTZ is a comprehensive range of air circuit breakers designed to protect electrical systems from damage caused by overloads, short circuits and equipment ground faults. Masterpact MTZ embeds advanced digital technologies and Micrologic X control units helping to contribute to safety and energy efficiency.
The new worldwide benchmark for high current circuit breakers
Building on the legendary performance and reliability of the Masterpact range, Masterpact MTZ circuit breakers are Future Ready. Incorporating the latest digital and communication technologies, they are key components within Schneider Electric’s Smart Panels, contributing to smart operation, power uptime and energy efficiency.
Masterpact MTZ circuit breakers connect your electrical switchboard to any building and energy management system.
A simple smart phone can act as the main HMI to monitor and control Masterpact MTZ, giving you maximum convenience and ease of management, even in the event of a power outage. The Micrologic X control units are customizable with additional digital modules available.
The standardization of electrical switchboards remains the same with Masterpact MTZ circuit breakers keeping the same size frames, standardized auxiliaries and accessories, providing peace of mind for choice, installation, retrofit and operation.
- Rated current: 800 to 6300 A
- Breaking capacity: 42 to 150 kA at 220/415 V AC
- Voltage rating: up to 1000 V AC
- 3 physical sizes: Masterpact MTZ1 from 630 to 1600 A; Masterpact MTZ2 from 800 to 4000 A; Masterpact MTZ3 from 4000 to 6300 A
- Draw out and fixed mount
- 3 pole and 4 pole construction
- Optimized selection of 4 advanced Micrologic X control units integrating current, voltage, power and energy metering, enabling earth leakage protection, and customizable with digital modules for advanced protection, measurement, energy management and network analysis functions
- Built-in Class 1 accuracy active power and energy measurement
- Switch disconnectors version available
- Optimized range of field-installable auxiliaries and accessories
- Different offers complying with international standards: IEC 60947, UL489, ANSI/UL1066
- CCC, EAC and other local certifications
- Compliance with specifications of marine classification companies: Bureau Veritas, Lloyd’s Register of Shipping, Det Norske Veritas, etc.
Masterpact MTZ circuit breakers are Future Ready and contribute to power uptime and energy efficiency of your electrical installation thanks to:
- Faultless protection
- Complete selectivity and coordination (Type 1 & 2)
- High resistance to environmental stresses
Integrated monitoring for energy efficiency
- Improved uptime with complete monitoring solution in Smart Panels
- Improved operation and maintenance using your smartphone with the Masterpact MTZ app
- Advanced Micrologic X control unit can assist in providing corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance and energy management to identify potential savings
- Seamless integration enabling users access to circuit breakers data in real time with a mobile device or a PC
- Local and remote communication with trip cause (earth leakage, overload, short-circuit) and alarms (earth leakage, overload) allowing proactive operational and energy efficiency
Seamless installation and retrofit
- Wide range of online and offline software tools that improve productivity at all stages of your project (Ecoreal, Ecodial, MyPact, Ecoreach)
- Additional digital modules available 24/7 on GoDigital – Schneider Electric e-commerce platform, offering advanced protection, measurement, energy management and network analysis functions
- Seamless retrofit thanks to identical sizes, power connections and thermal properties as for the Masterpact NW and NT ranges
- Standardized range of auxiliaries and accessories
Masterpact MTZ is a part of EcoStruxureTM Power – Schneider Electric’s open, interoperable, IoT-enabled system architecture.
General applications in all types of low voltage electrical installations
Suitable in most applications for the protection, measurement, monitoring and quality of energy of LV electrical networks.
This includes generator protection and motor protection, in standard applications and heavy-duty applications demanding high performance, and ideal for:
- Industry: mining operations, minerals, metals, and cement production, water & wastewater industry, automotive, food and beverage, etc.
- Oil & Gas extraction and processing, Chemicals industries
- Data centers
- Healthcare infrastructure, hospitals
- Marine and offshore industry
- Infrastructures including airports, railways, subways, tunnels, power plants, etc.
- Buildings: commercial buildings, hotels, offices
- Wind turbines, solar, gensets
- Source-changeover systems (Transferpact): service sector (hospital operating rooms, computer rooms, etc.), industry (assembly lines, ship engine rooms, etc.), infrastructures (runway, railway, etc.)
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Frequently Asked QuestionsEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service Browse FAQ
Field ServicesOptimize the life cycle of your assets, improve performance, safety, and reduce maintenance costs – all with an experienced provider of complete field services and a partner you can trust. Discover services