Saitel is a highly-evolved field device, offering a solid and powerful platform for data acquisition, communication, automation and IED integration, including backplane and DIN rail based solutions.
As a remote terminal unit, bay controller or protocol converter, Saitel is the compact solution to countless applications installed in demanding electromagnetic conditions.
In addition to the traditional input/output (I/O) management, Saitel acts as a powerful communication gateway, an advanced measurement center and a fast automation processor.
Based upon an extendable distributed architecture and featuring enhanced functionality and power, Saitel Family offers:
- The ability to monitor and control thousands of I/O points.
- Operational redundancy for power supply, CPU, communications channels, or for the entire system (supporting automatic failover with hot-swap).
- Extensive library of standard and legacy protocols for information exchange between multiple masters and RTU.
- Input/Output acquisition modules with signal conditioning and integrated time synchronization (1 ms) and independent time stamping.
- IEC 61850 technology that is certified as Class A by the independent testing laboratory KEMA for both IEC 61850 server and client interfaces.
- Cybersecurity features and functions can support a utility’s NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) compliance.