Modicon M171/ M172 logic controllers and our intuitive software EcoStruxure Machine Expert - HVAC are designed for HVAC OEMs and help them to maximize profitability and energy efficiency.
The Modicon M171/M172 logic controllers are part of our EcoStruxure automation architecture and are available in three ranges of controllers:
• The Modicon M171 optimized logic controller for simple and compact machines is the smallest programmable controller on the market. This controller exists also in flush mounting version and requires minimal installation effort, while offering tremendous versatility.
• The Modicon M172 performance logic controller for any size and BMS-connectable machines. This controller offers more performance, more connectivity and more scalability thanks to a full range of I/O expansions and remote displays.
• The Modicon M171/M172-based solutions are faster and easier to deploy thanks to EcoStruxure Machine Expert HVAC, Schneider Electric’s single platform for programming, visualization, and commissioning.
• From compact to large, from simple to connected machines, with a set of Displays, I/O Expansions, Electronic expansion valve driver and Sensors, Modicon M171 / M172 controllers is the best choice for complete automation solutions for HVAC machines.
• The Modicon M171/M172 series offers a wide choice of connectivity options to support integration with a variety of BMS. A ready-to-connect device, the new Modicon M172 embeds Ethernet, Modbus and BACnet protocols as standard and LonWorks or Konnex protocols as optional. Furthermore, the integrated webserver enables solution for remote control or cloud connectivity. It simplifies the maintenance thanks to the built-in WebVisu that are compatible with standard Web browsers.
• EcoStruxure Machine Expert - HVAC 2.0 provides advanced algorithms for greater energy efficiency in Modicon M171/M172-based automation.
• Ready-to-use TVDAs (tested, validated and documented architectures) and AFBs- (application function block) libraries dedicated for HVAC applications are reducing time to market.
• Machine builders can simply apply the AFBs while freely developing codes and functions specific to their needs with the support of Schneider Electric throughout the machine life cycle from design to maintenance & services, locally or globally.
• Protect people, assets and environment with our Green Premium Products: With Modicon M171/M172 Schneider Electric is respecting the refrigerant compliance and the RoHS guideline.
Modicon M171/M172 controllers are part of EcoStruxure Machine.