InRow Direct Expansion
Close-coupled, air, water, and glycol cooling for closets, server rooms, and data centers
The predictable solution for an unpredictable environment.
FeaturesExplore InRow RD in 3D animation.
The InRow Direct Expansion unit closely couples the cooling with the IT heat load. This prevents hot air recirculation, while improving cooling predictability and allowing for a pay as you grow environment. Available in self-contained, fluid cooled, and air-cooled configurations, with or without humidity control, these products meet the diverse requirements for closet, server room, and data center cooling. IT operators looking to improve efficiency or deploy higher density equipment will benefit from the modular design of the InRow Direct Expansion products. The intelligent controls of the InRow Direct Expansion products actively adjust fan speed and refrigerant flow to match the IT heat load to maximize efficiency and address the dynamic demands of today's IT environments.
- Active response controls - Monitors and actively adjusts cooling capacity to ensure proper server inlet temperatures. Through the microprocessor controller, visibility into the operation and health of the unit is provided.
- Predictable cooling - Placing the unit in the row of racks moves the source of cooling closer to the heat load. This eliminates air mixing and provides a predictable cooling architecture.
- Rack Inlet Temperature Control - Reduces the risk of hot spots at the rack level
- Building management system integration - Send alarms and data points allowing you to manage critical building infrastructure from a single system.
- Microprocessor controller - Utilizes intelligent, active response control, and real-time monitoring. The system is controlled by a microprocessor providing high level control functionality and human interface via a four line, eighty character, alphanumeric display
- Real-Time Capacity Monitoring - Real-time display of current and available cooling.
- Modular design - Modular design provides scalable solutions to add cooling as demand increases.
- Scaleable densities - Allows for higher densities to be achieved by integrating containment with room, row and rack cooling system architectures.
Total Cost of Ownership
- In-Row architecture - Captures hot exhaust air directly from the IT equipment, thereby increasing the unit's sensible cooling capacity over traditional cooling architectures.
- Variable speed fans - Variable speed fans reduce energy consumption during off-peak cooling periods.
- Easy service access - Allows for all serviceable components to be replaced/maintained by easily accessible panels/doors.
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Frequently Asked QuestionsEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service Browse FAQ
Field ServicesOptimize the life cycle of your assets, improve performance, safety, and reduce maintenance costs – all with an experienced provider of complete field services and a partner you can trust. Discover services