Acti 9 iPRD
Surge Protection Devices Type 2 or 3, from 8 kA to 65 kA
Part of 9 Series
Modular surge arresters Type 2 with withdrawable cartridges, from 8 kA to 65 kA, recommended for incoming and secondary protection, compliant with IEC/EN 61643-11:2011
FeaturesActi 9 iPRD Type 2 and 3 modular Surge Protection Devices protect the electrical equipments against the indirect lightning strikes.
The use of Surge Protection Devices is recommended in the case of non-critical power installations.
They are tested and rated according to the standardised current wave of 8/20 µs.
With exclusive features, Acti 9 iPRD DIN rail Surge Protection Devices are geared to protect your equipments from indirect lightning strikes and improve the continuity of service.
Certified for short-circuit current withstand, Isc up to 50 kA (IEC 61643-11:2011).
The maximum discharge current covers from 8 to 65 kA.
The maximum continuous operating voltage Uc is 350 VAC or 460 VAC.
They are suitable for any earthing system: TT, TN-S, TN-C and IT.
Withdrawable cartridges of Acti 9 iPRD Surge arresters allow quick replacement of damaged devices.
It is possible to use multipolar or unipolar products for serial assembly.
The Acti 9 iPRD surge arresters "r" version have dry contacts for transfering remotely the end-of-life information.
The Acti 9 iPRD8 Type 3 is placed in cascade near the loads to be protected.
They should be installed in the secondary panel board, as soon as the distance from the incoming surge arrester is more than 10 meters, to ensure secondary protection.
BenefitsImproved continuity of service and safety of your equipments thanks to:
- Class 2 insulation: continuous safety for operators and unqualified personnel
- VISI-TRIP™: quickly detects the defects of protection against the surges and reduces intervention time
- Certified back-up protection coordination with disconnecting circuit-breakers
- The robustness of the connections
- Remote monitoring of protection device state (additional feature).
ApplicationsActi 9 iPRD Type 2 Surge Protection Devices protect the electrical installations in all industrial and tertiary buildings against induced or conducted surges caused by indirect lightning strikes.
These Type 2 Surge Protection Devices can be used also for the protection of residential installations:
- In every new house without a lightning rod (primary protection) it is now mandatory to install in the electrical switchboard a Type 2 Surge Protection Device to reach the IEC 61643-11: 2011 standard
- In a building with a height greater than 10 meters, with several dwellings, if a Type 1 surge arrester is installed in the main electrical switchboard, a Type 2 surge arrester must also be installed at the head of each divisional switchboards in order to distribute the constraints
- This complementarity of the protections is mandatory to meet the IEC 61643-11:2011 standard.
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Frequently Asked QuestionsEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service Browse FAQ
Need information?Browse our resource section and find the most useful tools and documents for all our products Browse
Energy and sustainability servicesFirst, envision an energy-efficient, cost-effective and sustainable enterprise. Next, discover our energy and sustainability services, including big data management, to turn this vision into your business reality. Browse services
+ Lifecycle ServicesFrom energy and sustainability consulting to optimizing the lifecycle of your assets, we have services to meet your business needs. Discover services