Acti 9 iPF K, iPRD
Surge Protection Devices Type 2
Surge Arresters Type 2, compliant with IEC/EN 61643-11:2011
FeaturesActi 9 iPF K & iPRD Type 2 Surge Protection Devices protect the electrical equipments against the indirect lightning strikes.
The use of Type 2 Surge Arresters is recommended in the case of non-critical power installations.
They are tested and rated according to the standardised current wave of 8/20 µs.
With exclusive features, Acti 9 iPF K & iPRD DIN rail Type 2 Surge Protection Devices are geared to protect your equipments from indirect lightning strikes and improve the continuity of service.
- Certified for short-circuit current withstand, Isc, up to 50 kA (IEC 61643-11:2011)
- Maximum discharge current: 8 to 65 kA
- Maximum continuous operating voltage, Uc = 340 V or 460 V
- Suitable for any earthing system: TT, TN-S, TN-C and IT
- Available either as monobloc or with pluggable cartridges
- Multiple-pole or single-pole products for assembly
- Contacts for the remote transfer of end-of-life information
- For more information click here
BenefitsImproved continuity of service and safety of your equipments thanks to:
- Class 2 insulation: continuous safety for operators and unqualified personnel
- VISI-TRIP™: quickly detects the defects of protection against the surges and reduces intervention time
- Certified back-up protection coordination with disconnecting circuit-breakers
- The robustness of the connections
- Remote monitoring of protection device state (option)
ApplicationsActi 9 iPF K & iPRD Type 2 Surge Protection Devices protect the electrical installations in all industrial and tertiary buildings against induced or conducted surges caused by indirect lightning strikes.
These Type 2 Surge Protection Devices can be used also for the protection of residential installations:
- In every new house without a lightning rod (primary protection) it is now mandatory to install in the electrical switchboard a Type 2 Surge Protection Device to reach the IEC 61643-11: 2011 standard
- In a building with a height greater than 10 meters, with several dwellings, if a Type 1 surge arrester is installed in the main electrical switchboard, a Type 2 surge arrester must also be installed at the head of each divisional switchboards in order to distribute the constraints
- This complementarity of the protections is mandatory to meet the IEC 61643-11:2011 standard.
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Frequently Asked QuestionsEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service Browse FAQ
Field ServicesOptimize the life cycle of your assets, improve performance, safety, and reduce maintenance costs – all with an experienced provider of complete field services and a partner you can trust. Discover services