Acti 9 iPRF1, PRD1
Surge Protection Devices Type 1 or Type 1+2
Surge Arresters Type 1 or Surge Arresters Type 1+2, compliant with IEC/EN 61643-11:2011
FeaturesActi 9 iPRF1, PRD1 Type 1 Surge Protection Devices protect the electrical equipments against the direct lightning strikes.
The installation of Type 1 or Type 1+2 Surge Arresters is compulsory whenever there is a lightning rod.
They are tested and rated according to the standardised current wave of 10/350 μs.
Impulse discharge current Iimp:
- 12.5 kA for iPRF1 12.5r is suitable for buildings with protection levels III and IV
- 25 kA for PRD1 25r and 35 kA for PRD1 Master are suitable for buildings with protection levels I and II
To download the Coordination Tables click here
More information about the risks to be avoided at end of life of the SPDs
These Surge Arresters are available either as monobloc or with pluggable cartridges.
These ranges cover all the different earthing system: multiple-pole or single-pole devices to be assembled.
They come with ouput contacts for remote transfer of end-of-life information (for Acti 9 Smartlink or other input/output devices).
- iPRF1 12.5r and PRD1 25r are also Type 2 rated (8/20 µs) to protect the electrical equipment by finely clipping the voltage surge
- They are suitable for 230/400 V 50/60 Hz networks, with earthing system TT, TN-S, TN-C
- PRD1 Master is also suitable for 440 V IT earthing system.
These two SPD Type 1 ranges provide:
- Powerful Surge Protection for installations and buildings with high lightning strike risk
- Ensure the continuity of service of your installation
- PRD1 Surge Arresters are fitted with easy-to-replace pluggable cartridges
- Beware the lightning rod is not sufficient as a protection, Type 1 Surge Protection Devices contribute to the safety of your equipments
ApplicationsActi 9 iPRF1, PRD1 Type 1 Surge Protection Devices protect the electrical installations against induced or conducted surges caused by direct lightning strikes.
- The IEC/EN 62305-2 specifies the use of Type 1 or Type 1+2 Surge Protection Devices in commercial and industrial buildings protected by a lightning conductor or a lightning rod
- Surge Protection Devices are recommended when there is higher risk of direct lightning strikes.
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Frequently Asked QuestionsEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service Browse FAQ
Need information?Browse our resource section and find the most useful tools and documents for all our products Browse
Energy and sustainability servicesFirst, envision an energy-efficient, cost-effective and sustainable enterprise. Next, discover our energy and sustainability services, including big data management, to turn this vision into your business reality. Browse services
+ Lifecycle ServicesFrom energy and sustainability consulting to optimizing the lifecycle of your assets, we have services to meet your business needs. Discover services