Shore connection pre-designed, ready-to-use systems to provide shoreside grid power to ships at berth
- The ShoreBoX is a pre-designed shore-to-ship power connection solution that consists of a range of standard components organised in different functional modules fully packaged in a single metal enclosure.
- It has been designed with the utmost concern for space and cost optimisation.
- All ShoreBoX modules include tested, validated, and documented architectures, guaranteeing system reliability.
- This solution can be implemented and operated without disturbing port activities. The ShoreBoX solution is adaptable to the different power needs and electrical frequency of the ships and to a variety of port infrastructures.
The ShoreBoX solution is scalable and movable, hence adaptable to changes in berth profile or the electrical power needed by the ships.
It includes an energy management and control system enabling ports to optimise their electricity consumption and thereby reduce operational costs. The system tracks and reports all data in real time, giving ports visibility of energy-source selection, forecasts, simulation, metering and billing. The system also supplies data on the port environmental indicators to make a shore connection investment as green and efficient as possible.
- The ShoreBoX is supported by a comprehensive services offer to support ports throughout the entire project, including design, execution and post-sales services. These services are implemented by dedicated trained local teams.
BenefitsInnovative technology reduces energy consumption
- Thanks to all GFC (Grid Frequency Conversion) units installed in parallel, the ShoreBoX solutions consume just the energy needed at any given moment, no more.
- Proven components and systems
- Tested, Validated, Documented systems
- Compliant with IEC 80005 international standard
- Can be relocated when there's a change in berth configuration
- Different Compact ShoreBoX units can be installed in parallel for further power extension
- Best-in-class energy quality and efficiency with GFC technology and an embedded EMIS
- Packaged solutions
- Easy to install
- Easy to maintain
- Standard components
- Optimised footprint
- Minimal commissioning
ApplicationsTo provide shoreside grid power to ships at berth to meet new port’s regulations and reduce pollution and carbon footprint.
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Frequently Asked QuestionsEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service Browse FAQ
Need information?Browse our resource section and find the most useful tools and documents for all our products Browse
Energy and sustainability servicesFirst, envision an energy-efficient, cost-effective and sustainable enterprise. Next, discover our energy and sustainability services, including big data management, to turn this vision into your business reality. Browse services
+ Lifecycle ServicesFrom energy and sustainability consulting to optimizing the lifecycle of your assets, we have services to meet your business needs. Discover services