Revenue and power quality power meters for utility network monitoring
The premium socket / switchboard meter for grid revenue, power quality, and substation automation applications
The PowerLogic ION8650 meter is the world’s most advanced socket-based energy and power quality meter. It offers unparalleled versatility, reliability, and total performance. Bidirectional, four-quadrant metering and industry-leading accuracy make it the only choice to monitor network inter-ties, substations, and service entrances. As a key connected product component within EcoStruxure Power, the ION8650 power quality meter enables utilities to manage complex energy supply contracts that include commitments to power quality. Exceptional connectivity enables the meter to be integrated with both EcoStruxure Power Monitoring Expert software or virtually any other energy management and SCADA software.
Find out more
PowerLogic ION8650 brochure
Knowledge is Power e-brochure
PowerLogic ION8650 technical datasheet
Choose according to features and functionality:
- PowerLogic ION8650C for revenue metering
- PowerLogic ION8650B for revenue metering and power quality compliance monitoring
- PowerLogic ION8650A for revenue metering and advanced power quality analysis
Unmatched versatility: One PowerLogic ION8650 meter provides revenue metering, power quality monitoring, and substation automation applications simultaneously.
Cutting-edge power and reliability: increased revenue metering accuracy, compliant to IEC 61000-4-30 class A/S, IEC 61850 substation protocol, and disturbance direction detection.
The PowerLogic ION8650 gives utilities the tools to manage complex energy supply contracts, perform power quality analysis and provide data to multiple different utility systems.
Revenue metering and power quality
- High-accuracy revenue metering at grid interchange points or critical industrial loads including transformer and instrument compensation
- Provide multiple parties secure access to billing data
- Verify contract compliance with the newest power quality standards
- Analyze and isolate the source of power quality problems
Energy availability and reliability
- Improve T&D network reliability
- Provide accurate operational metering values to utility SCADA systems for enhancing real-time network reliability
- Enable customer participation in load reduction programs
- Maximise the use of existing infrastructure
- Monitor equipment to predict impending maintenance issues
- Provide long haul data to automate remote systems
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Frequently Asked QuestionsEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service Browse FAQ
Field ServicesOptimize the life cycle of your assets, improve performance, safety, and reduce maintenance costs – all with an experienced provider of complete field services and a partner you can trust. Discover services