Voltage Presence Indicating Systems for MV Switchgear
VPIS are a self-powered Voltage Presence Indicating Systems, in compliance with the IEC 62271-206 standard.
- Voltage presence indication by LEDs: High reliability, very long life time.
- Connectors on the front panel allowing the use of a Phase Concordance Unit to carry out phase comparison between 2 VPIS.
- For “Voltage Output” versions, a 1m cable with a connector at the end providing an image of the Voltage signal to devices such as Voltage presence relays, Fault Passage indicators or Feeder RTUs such as T300.
- With more than 2 Million devices installed, Schneider Electric VPIS has proved its high reliability
- Easy to use Phase Concordance Unit available
- Cost effective Voltage sensing to use in advanced Smart Grid applications
ApplicationsVPIS V2 and VPIS V3 technical leaflets provide the VPIS V2 or V3 reference appropriate for each network Voltage range the numerous Schneider Electric Medium Voltage equipment in which they have been qualified.
Contact us to find the right reference for any other Medium Voltage equipment.
For each equipment in which it is installed, VPIS allows to indicate the presence of voltage. This is required for all metal enclosed equipment that does not allow the use of other means since live parts cannot be accessed.
Phase concordance is a key information before connection of 2 network parts together.
VPIS “Voltage Output” allows devices to which the voltage signal is provided to:
- Determine voltage presence or absence. This is typically used for Auto Change Over applications.
- With VPIS V3: Run Directional Fault passage Indicator algorithms, which are required on network with compensated or isolated neutral as well as network with high percentage of distributed generation or closed loops.
- With VPIS V3: Provide a basic Voltage measurement (accuracy according to MV equipment).
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Frequently Asked QuestionsEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service Browse FAQ
Need information?Browse our resource section and find the most useful tools and documents for all our products Browse
Energy and sustainability servicesFirst, envision an energy-efficient, cost-effective and sustainable enterprise. Next, discover our energy and sustainability services, including big data management, to turn this vision into your business reality. Browse services
+ Lifecycle ServicesFrom energy and sustainability consulting to optimizing the lifecycle of your assets, we have services to meet your business needs. Discover services