Gas-Insulated Ring Main Unit up to 24 kV
Fully SF6-insulated RMU switchboard for secondary distribution networks, available in compact or extensible installation footprints to best suit to your application
Gas-Insulated SwitchgearBoth innovative and safe, it is insensible to environment, virtually maintenance free and very easy to install and operate.
The FBX is a fully SF6-insulated switchboard for secondary distribution networks.
In its compact version (FBX-C), it acts as a Ring Main Unit, includes up to five different functions into a single tank and can be easily integrated into a substation or wind tower mast.
In its extensible version (FBX-E), it becomes a fully modular switchboard suitable for industrial applications.
- SF6-insulated switchgear for secondary distribution network
- SF6 switch-disconnector
- Protection through fuse combination or vacuum circuit-breaker
- Two versions : FBX-C (Compact), FBX-E (Extensible)
- Compliant with IEC 62271-200
- Rated Voltage: 12 / 17.5 / 24 kV
- Bus-bar Rated Current: 630 A
- Feeder Rated Current: 630 A
- Rated Short Time Withstand Current : up to 21 kA 3s (up to 25 kA 1s for 12 kV)
- Internal Arc Containment : up to 25 kA 1s
- Dimensions W x H x D in mm: 2 switch-disconnectors + circuit-breaker or fuse protection functions:
- 1000 x 1380 x 750
- Option : can be remotely controlled and monitored
Smart Ready Cubicle
The ideal solution to panel builders with limited investment.
Smart ready cubicles provide from standard product a future access and easy migration to smart RMU functionalities:
- Easy, fast and secure connections, ready for future LV customization. All connections to RTU are facilitated and located on top of each function of the FBX.
- Pre-wired cable to facilitate voltage and current connections from cable compartment to LV location.
- Motorization capabilities for full remote control and command features
- Simply cubicle operations and maintenance
- Fast delivery
Period : 18 months
- Simple Installation & Operation
- Very compact with small dimensions
- Easy installation and extension with plug-in connection
- Very clear user panel with position indicators
- Large front cable compartment for easy access to bushings
- Improved continuity of service
- Continuity of service LSC2A
- Can be remotely controlled and monitored
- Flood proof
- Independent from environmental conditions even in highly polluted areas
- Maintenance free
- Improved personnel safety
- Internal Arc Withstand
- Integrated interlocks for fool-proof protection
- Padlocking available for all operations
- Environmentally friendly and fully recyclable
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Frequently Asked QuestionsEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service Browse FAQ
Need information?Browse our resource section and find the most useful tools and documents for all our products Browse
Energy and sustainability servicesFirst, envision an energy-efficient, cost-effective and sustainable enterprise. Next, discover our energy and sustainability services, including big data management, to turn this vision into your business reality. Browse services
+ Lifecycle ServicesFrom energy and sustainability consulting to optimizing the lifecycle of your assets, we have services to meet your business needs. Discover services