ATEX-certified steel, stainless steel and polyester wall-mounting enclosures
Steel, s-steel & polyester ATEX enclosures
What is ATEX ?
- It is a term commonly used to describe potentially explosive atmospheres (ATmosphères EXplosibles in French) and standard for protection systems and equipment.
- Two European directives, ATEX 99/92/CE and ATEX 94/9/CE, and international standards IEC 60079 and IEC 61241, harmonized with EN European standards, apply to this field.
According to ATEX, a potentially explosive atmosphere is defined as a mix of flammable substances in the form of gas, vapour, dust (cloud deposit) which, in air under normal atmospheric conditions, can completely or partially catch fire in the form of an explosion when exposed to a source of ignition.
Since July 1st, 2003, the European directive ATEX 94/9/CE makes compulsory the use of certified component, equipment or assembly when intended for use in potentially explosive zones, gaseous or dusty atmospheres.
Our solutions:We can offer you an ATEX-certified range of wall-mounting enclosures, including steel (Spacial S3DEX), stainless steel (Spacial S3XEX) and polyester (Thalassa PLMEX). They guarantee safety for every application, in every area classified as “ATEX II2” or “II3”, which mean installations of surface with occasional or rare risks.
Enclosures are certified as components. They will be assembled with other ATEX electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic components, among others to form a final solution which, in turn, must be ATEX-certified and subjected to a declaration of conformity.
All our wall-mounting enclosures comply with standards for protection against the increased risk of explosion in atmospheres charged with gas (G) and/or dust (D).
The Universal Enclosures offer, designed to be used in group II, is classified as category 2.
Our range :
Spacial S3DEX : Industrial environments, equipment rooms
Spacial S3XEX : Laboratories, food and beverage industries, specific demands in terms of hygiene and corrosion
Thalassa PLMEX : Seaside, petrochemicals, highly corrosive environments
- Choice of 3 materials: the ATEX offer comes in 3 types of material (steel, stainless steel and polyester) and provides flexibility of choice according to the environmental conditions
- Choice of dimensions: derived from the standard offer design, the offer presents a wide choice of dimensions
- Choice of accessories: a lot of the standard offer accessories are common to the ATEX offer and its 3 types of materials
- High dust protection: the wall mounting enclosures provide a degree of protection IP66 and reach the highest level (dust tight) of classification according to the IEC61241-1 standard for “protection by enclosure”
- Quality level: certification of product and manufacturing plants guarantee observance and consistency of the quality level
Our enclosures provides ideal conditions for applications in the following industries and sectors:
- Chemical and petrochemical industry
- Offshore sector
- Foods industry
- Flour mills
- Wood and aluminium workshops
- Grain drying areas
- Gas stations
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Can’t find what you are looking for?Reach out to our customer team in your country or region if you have any questions or need more details or technical support. Contact support
Frequently Asked QuestionsEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service Browse FAQ
Need information?Browse our resource section and find the most useful tools and documents for all our products Browse
Energy and sustainability servicesFirst, envision an energy-efficient, cost-effective and sustainable enterprise. Next, discover our energy and sustainability services, including big data management, to turn this vision into your business reality. Browse services
+ Lifecycle ServicesFrom energy and sustainability consulting to optimizing the lifecycle of your assets, we have services to meet your business needs. Discover services