Overview & contact
Holding shares in registered form
You will be registered in Schneider Electric’s share register and « BNP Paribas Securities Services » will maintain your securities account.
Please contact them directly to open an account or to transfer your shares:
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: +33 1 40 14 66 11 or 0800 004 120 (from France)
Please use the forms below:
Agreement for account opening (pdf, 347 Kb) >
Transfer of securities into a direct registered account (pdf, 64 Kb) >
Purchase and sell order form (221 Kb) >
Holding shares in administered registered form
You will be registered in Schneider Electric’s share register but your shares will be held in the securities account of your choice. (You can open a securities account in any bank or brokerage firm).
Please contact your bank/broker to buy Schneider Electric shares on your behalf and ask them to carry out a transfer with this form (pdf, 91 Ko) >
Holding shares in bearer form
In this case, you will hold your shares in your own securities account. Schneider Electric will not be informed that you are a shareholder.
Please contact your bank/broker to buy Schneider Electric shares.
Compare forms of share ownershipThis table provides an overview of the benefits of each form:
|Registered form||Administered registered form||Bearer form|
|I am entitled to a dividend||X||X||X|
|I am entitled to vote at the Annual General Meeting||X||X||X|
|I will be invited to the General Meeting directly by BNP Paribas Security Services||X||X|
|I am entitled to double voting rights for shares held for at least 2 years as of December 31st of the year preceding the date of the Annual General Meeting (AGM)||X||X|
|I have the possibility to vote online for the AGM on the Planetshare* website||X||X|
|I am exempt of custody fees||X||Depending on institution|
|My shares can be registered in a French PEA (Plan d’Epargne en Actions) or UK ISA (Individual Savings Account)||X||X|
|I have the freedom to choose the financial institution holding my shares||X||X|
|I have a single point of contact for different securities held.||X||X|
- Anyone holding at least 1 share is entitled to participate and vote in the Annual General Meeting. All registered shareholders are directly convened to the meeting. Bearer shareholders are only convened if they hold more than 150 shares. The notice of meeting and voting material is available to every one on the company website.
- To get the best brokerage fees and custody fees suited to your needs, we advise that you benchmark different financial institutions online.
Favorable tax treatment of shares:
Benefits of registered sharesRegistered shareholders of Schneider Electric are entitled to the following benefits
|Registered shares||Administered registered shares|
|A closer relationship||You are invited to attend the Annual General Meeting and are entitled to double voting rights for shares held for at least 2 years as of December 31st of the year preceding the date of the Annual General Meeting (AGM).|
- Securities account: an account used to invest in securities (shares, bonds, etc.).
- Brokerage fee: fee charged by an agent for buying or selling a stock. Brokerage fees will usually be based on a either a percentage of the transaction or a flat fee, or a combination of the two.
- Custody fee: fee charged by a bank/broker for safekeeping securities.