• In the face of escalating demand from customers, Telefónica decided to construct a new data center just outside Madrid, Spain.
• The goal: To increase capacity, create a flexible, scalable system, and improve cost-effectiveness by consolidating several smaller data centers from around the world under one roof.
• Telefónica’s Alcalá data center provides data hosting and housing for diverse internal and external customers
• The Alcalá data center needed to be more secure and more powerful to meet the new demands of the digital age, while also meeting new standards on efficiency and sustainability with minimal environmental impact
Efficiency and Reliability with EcoStruxure
Apps, Analytics & Services : Remote Monitoring Services
Connected Products: LV Electric Box, Building Lighting, UPS
• Telefónica trusted Schneider Electric to provide a wide range of solutions and services, to help deliver energy-saving results, and enhance their high-capacity data center's security and stability.
• This collaboration resulted in efficient reductions in energy consumption and CO₂ emissions, through the installation of low-voltage electrical boxes, trays, and batteries.
• Installing a UPS and Andover Continuum building management solution provided a distributed technology-based system that controls and monitors the building, while simultaneously managing the alarms and energy infrastructure.
• These solutions enabled Telefónica to monitor the status of every component of the installation in real time, allowing for early failure detection and delivering the strictest standards in reliability.