Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Explore our global offerings or select your country from one of our five regions.Global
Découvrez nos offres globales ou sélectionnez votre pays dans l’une de nos cinq régions.
When trying to access the application webpage, the following error occurs:
The following error is seen in Windows Application Event Viewer:
The Module DLL HipISSEngineStub.dll failed to load. The data is the error.
Power Monitoring Expert 7.2.x
McAfee Anti Virus
Upon checking Application Pools in IIS Manager, it turns out the application pool has stopped. However, the problem cannot be resolved by simply re-starting the application pool. By doing so and accessing the web page, it will stop again.
If McAfee has recently been uninstalled, updated, or changed the installation somehow, there is probably still a reference to it in the ISAPI settings. Refer to the following link for more information:
Remove the reference to the MfeEngine in the applicationHost.config:
1. Navigate to: %windir%\system32\inetsrv\config
2. Open the file applicationHost.config as Administrator for editing in Notepad.
IMPORTANT: make sure a copy of the original file is available before making any changes.
3. Edit the globalModules section and remove the following line:
<add name="MfeEngine" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\HipIISEngineStub.dll" />;
4. Edit the modules section and remove the following line:
<add name="MfeEngine" />;
5. After editing the applicationHost.config file, save the file, then restart the IIS server using iisreset or by restarting the system.