The Internet of Things (IIoT) offers unprecedented possibilities for industries. Stay ahead with EcoStruxure™ Plant and Machine.Learn more
...with the EcoStruxure™ Facility Expert (formerly known as Facility Hero) app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
The story behind the Shedd Aquarium, a smart, sustainable facility that connects people to animals, with EcoStruxure™.Discover how
Welcome to the Schneider Electric Global Website×
The Com'X 200, Com'x 210, and Com'X 510 have two Ethernet ports and a user may be unsure how to use each of the ports.
Com'X 200 (EBX200)
Com'X 210 (EBX210)
Com'X 510 (EBX510)
Com'X 200/210/510 Ethernet Networking
A user may be confused about which port to use for an application.
The Com'X features 2 Ethernet ports:
The Ethernet ports can be configured in 2 modes:
1) Switch mode: in this case both Ethernet ports share a common configuration.
2) Upstream/downstream mode: both Ethernet ports are configured separately.
1) In switch mode, both Ethernet ports have the same settings. Using 2 ports simplifies wiring:
- Ethernet 1 can be connected to a switch on a local network.
- Ethernet 2 can be used to connect a PC for configuration operations or to connect a data collection device locally with an Ethernet port.
2) In upstream/downstream mode, the 2 Ethernet ports have different settings and function independently:
- Ethernet 1 must be used for data publishing. It can be also configured in DHCP Client mode or static IPv4 address mode.
- Ethernet 2 must be used for data collection. It can be configured as DHCP client, static IPv4 address, or DHCP server.
Note: The Com'X can also utilize power over Ethernet (PoE). Ethernet 1 port should be used for PoE. View the Technical Datasheet attatched for more details.
Sign up for all the latest solutions, offers and best practices straight to your inbox.
We are excited that you have joined the group. You will receive your welcome email soon describing the program and what to expect in the upcoming weeks. Enjoy!