The Internet of Things (IIoT) offers unprecedented possibilities for industries. Stay ahead with EcoStruxure™ Plant and Machine.Learn more
...with the EcoStruxure™ Facility Expert (formerly known as Facility Hero) app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
The story behind the Shedd Aquarium, a smart, sustainable facility that connects people to animals, with EcoStruxure™.Discover how
Welcome to the Schneider Electric Global Website×
Follow the steps below in the example to convert register values to an integer:
1) Convert 17395 and 22528 to binary numbers (add a 0 to the front of the number to make it 16 bits) and combine them (drop the negative sign from register 288). This will give you the following binary number:
0 100001111110011 0 101100000000000
2) Drop the 0 to the far left giving you 1000011111100110101100000000000
3) Take the 8 bits on the far left and convert them to a decimal number:
10000111 | 11100110101100000000000
10000111 = 135
4) Subtract 127 from the value that you got in step 3:
135 - 127 = 8
5) Take the part of the binary number that was not used in step 3
6) Count over from the left the amount calculated in step 4. Drop off everything to the right of this.
7) Add a 1 to the front of that number.
8) Convert that number to decimal and this is the register value.
Date Created: November 11, 2007
Last Revised: February 5, 2008
Original Author: MN
All content © 1992-2008 Schneider Electric
Sign up for all the latest solutions, offers and best practices straight to your inbox.
We are excited that you have joined the group. You will receive your welcome email soon describing the program and what to expect in the upcoming weeks. Enjoy!