Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Explore our global offerings or select your country from one of our five regions.Global
Découvrez nos offres globales ou sélectionnez votre pays dans l’une de nos cinq régions.
Microsoft Loopback adapter is required for the reliable operation of all ION Enterprise versions up until version 6.0. ION Enterprise 6.0 eliminated the need for the loopback adapter. The characteristic symptom associated with the absence or incorrect configuration of the loopback adapter is regular spontaneous shutting down of the ION Network Router service and its dependents.
The ION Enterprise Commissioning Guide contains instructions for installing the MS Loopback Adapter for Window 2000, the procedure for Window XP users is very similar. The step-by-step instructions are given below.
MS Loopback Adapter
TCP / IP
Use the Add/Remove Hardware Wizard in the Control Panel to install the MS
1. Double-click on the Add/Remove Hardware Wizard and select YES, I have already connected the hardware. Click Next.
2. Highlight Add a New Device from the list of devices, and click Next.
3. Select Install the hardware that I manually selected from a list and click Next.
4. Highlight Network Adapters from the list of hardware types, and click Next.
5. Highlight Microsoft from the Manufacturers list, and select Microsoft
Loopback Adapter from the Network Adapter list. Click Next.
7. Click Next again to install the device. Click Finish.
Please refer to the ION Enterprise Commissioning Guide for details on how to configure the MS Loopback Adapter after successfully installing it.
Document Change History
|Date and Initials||Comments|
|2010-07-28 DRM||* Increased the precision of the wording around when and why the loopback adapter is needed.
* Updated the distribution level of the document to public
* Associated the article with more ranges
Last edited: 28 Jul 2010 by DRM on suggestion of EW
All content © 1992-2007 Schneider Electric