Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Explore our global offerings or select your country from one of our five regions.Global
Découvrez nos offres globales ou sélectionnez votre pays dans l’une de nos cinq régions.
Goals and Symptoms
How to increment the timeout of a query in Vista
Facts and Changes
Vista query error
Operation incomplete DBReg_fecth, DBreg_results
Vista query Timeout expired
Causes and Fixes
When a query runs in Vista the following error messages are displayed.
Error = Timeout Expired
There is a difference between on how Vista and WebReach execute a query of a data/waveform/event recorder.
In Webreach there is timestamp filter. This filter will only return data for the specified range consequently the query runs fast.
In Vista it will query the entire DB for that one meter; if the ION_Data database size is large the query may time out.
In order to increase the timeout period of a Vista query, a new entry to the registry of ION_SERVER need to be added and the Query server connect timeout should be increased.
A. Increase the Vista query timeout
1. Select Start > Run then type regedit in the Run window to open the registry
2. Within the registry, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Power Measurement\ION Enterprise\5.X
3. Right click in the right hand pane and select New > DWORD Value
4. Name the new DWORD: VistaQueryTimeout_s
5. Right click on VistaQueryTimeout_s and select Modify
6. Enter a new value for the timeout period. The timeout period is 60s by default so its is recommendable to doubling its value to 120s (120 decimal) if this is not enough increase it to 180
7. Select File > Exit to exit the registry editor
If the system include client machines running Vista this change need to be performed into the client's machine registry as well.
B- Increase the Query server timeout
1. Open the Query Server node in Designer.
2. Open the properties for the Query module.
3. Modify the Connect_Timeout from the default 60 to 120 (or 180 if it is necessary). 4. Save this setting and restart the Query Server Service
Last Revised: 9-Nov-06
All content © 1992-2007 Schneider Electric