The Internet of Things (IIoT) offers unprecedented possibilities for industries. Stay ahead with EcoStruxure™ Plant and Machine.Learn more
...with the EcoStruxure™ Facility Expert (formerly known as Facility Hero) app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
The story behind the Shedd Aquarium, a smart, sustainable facility that connects people to animals, with EcoStruxure™.Discover how
Welcome to the Schneider Electric Global Website×
Struxureware Power Monitoring 7.0.x
Power Monitoring Expert 7.2.x
Power Monitoring Expert 8.0
There is a difference between on how Vista and WebReach execute a query of a data/waveform/event recorder.
In Webreach there is timestamp filter. This filter will only return data for the specified range consequently the query runs fast.
In Vista it will query the entire DB for that one meter; if the ION_Data database size is large the query may time out.
When a query runs in Vista the following error messages are displayed.
Error = Timeout Expired
In order to increase the timeout period of a Vista query, a new entry to the registry of ION_SERVER need to be added and the Query server connect timeout should be increased.
*Warning: This article contains information about editing the registry. Improper changes to the registry can permanently damage the operating system. Always backup the registry before making any changes.*
A. Increase the Vista query timeout
1. Select Start > Run then type regedit in the Run window to open the registry
2. Within the registry, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Power Measurement\ION Enterprise\5.X
3. Right click in the right hand pane and select New > DWORD Value
4. Name the new DWORD: VistaQueryTimeout_s
5. Right click on VistaQueryTimeout_s and select Modify
6. Enter a new value for the timeout period. The timeout period is 60s by default so its is recommendable to doubling its value to 120s (120 decimal) if this is not enough increase it to 180
7. Select File > Exit to exit the registry editor
If the system include client machines running Vista this change need to be performed into the client's machine registry as well.
B- Increase the Query server timeout
1. Open the Query Server node in Designer.
2. Open the properties for the Query module.
3. Modify the Connect_Timeout from the default 60 to 120 (or 180 if it is necessary). 4. Save this setting and restart the Query Server Service
C- Trim excessive waveform captures
*Warning: Irreparable database damage can occur. This procedure should only be performed by users familiar with SQL Server Management Studio. Databases should be backed up prior to performing this procedure.*
1. Execute the SQL script query_wfs_by_soiurce.sql
2. This will list the number of waveform caputres by device.
3. If the device has an excessive number of waveform captures it may be necessary to trim the waveform Log.
4. Backup ION_Data database.
5. Open the services menu by clicking Start -> Run then type services.msc
6. Stop the ION Loginster Service
7. Edit the WaveformLogTrimbySource.sql and replace id# with the corresponding id # found in the Source Table of the ION_Data database. Also replace the timeframe to the timeframe to trim. The script has an example timeframe between January 1st 2014 to January 1st 2015.
8. After making the changes execute the script.
9. On the WaveformLog2 table in the ION_Data database drop down indexes. Right Click on each index and click Rebuild.
10. Start the ION Loginserter service back up.
Last Revised: 9-Nov-06
All content © 1992-2007 Schneider Electric
Sign up for all the latest solutions, offers and best practices straight to your inbox.
We are excited that you have joined the group. You will receive your welcome email soon describing the program and what to expect in the upcoming weeks. Enjoy!