Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Welcome to the Schneider Electric Global Website×
Goals and Symptoms
Designer is used to configure a VIP, but when the VIP is restarted, none of the changes have been saved and only a default VIP is running. When the \config\cfg\vip\<my vip node name> directory is checked, there is no vip.cfg file present.
· When configuration work on the VIP is done using Designer, the configuration changes do not get saved by the VIP to its configuration file.
· If a VIP is run as an application, not as a Windows service, this problem does not occur.
· When using VIP Setup to create a modbus network, or make changes to the Global Operating Parameters, the vipsys.dat file is successfully saved
· There are no tree files in the \config\trees directory.
Facts and Changes
Causes and Fixes
The LocalSystem account (this is the account used by the ION Enterprise services by default) does not have write access to the shared ION-Ent directory.
Correct the folder permissions for the shared ION-Ent directory so the ION Enterprise services can access it.
This problem is likely caused by locking down file permissions inappropriately.
Document Change History
|Date and Initials||Comments|
|2009-10-27 DRM||* Corrected erroneous association to "protection relay PRODUCTS\VIP"
* Re-published to Public security level
All content © 1992-2007 Schneider Electric