Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Welcome to the Schneider Electric Global Website×
Goals and Symptoms
Facts and Changes
SQL, server, registration, Enterprise Manager
Causes and Fixes
1) Open Enterprise Manager
2) Expand Microsoft SQL Server > SQL Server Group
3) Right-click on SQL Server Group. Choose New SQL Server Registration
4) The Register SQL Server Wizard shows up. Click Next.
5) Under Available Servers, scroll down the list for the new server to connect to.
6) Write the new server name and append "\ION" or "\SMS3000" to the server name. For example, if the server name is JANE12345, write JANE12345\ION under Available servers. This will create an ION or SMS instance of SQL 2000 on this new server
7) Click Add. The new SQL Server name should appear under Added Servers.
8) In Select an Authentication Mode, choose the SQL Server Authentication option (second option).
9) In Select Connection Option, choose to log in automatically using the SQL Server account information (first option). The default login name is sa and the default password is "ION!Everywhere" for ION and "DBMaster".
10) Add the SQL server to an existing SQL Server group.
11) Click Finish to complete the registration.
(Removed Image URL: /PubResEXPORT.nsf/2b87ee90be777fc085257c28006ee4ef/6fb52261ad962709c125743b00108e76/fl_block_5/0.1AD6?OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif)