Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Explore our global offerings or select your country from one of our five regions.Global
Découvrez nos offres globales ou sélectionnez votre pays dans l’une de nos cinq régions.
The user wants to connect directly to a PowerLogic Meter via a RJ-45 crossover cable
PowerLogic Meters with Ethernet Option and EGX Gateways
Windows OS, Command Prompt
This article outlines the procedure for connecting a PowerLogic Meter directly to a computer via an ethernet cable. A cross-over ethernet cable is required for this task.
1. Obtain a RJ-45 Ethernet CROSS-OVER cable.
2. Connect one end of the cable to the Meter and Computer to the other.
3. Assign an IP address and Subnet Mask to the meter (see Example below) ignoring the gateway settings
4. Assign an IP address and Subnet Mask to the computer :
5. Test comms by pinging the meter for a response in the Command Prompt (CMD)
6. Use ION Setup, Power Monitoring expert or Modbus Tester to connect to meter.