Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Don’t miss the latest events, videos, or articles. It’s all in our news bulletin.Sign up now
Schneider Electric Global Website×
Explore our global offerings or select your country from one of our five regions.Global
Découvrez nos offres globales ou sélectionnez votre pays dans l’une de nos cinq régions.
The circuit monitor 3000/4000 series and the Power meter 800 series can accumulate the energy values in one of two modes: signed or absolute. In signed mode, the meter considers the direction of power flow, allowing the magnitude of accumulated energy to increase and decrease. In absolute mode, the meter accumulates energy as a positive value, regardless of the direction of power flow. In other words, the energy value increases, even during reverse power flow. In signed mode, the meter will effectively subtract power that is flowing in the reverse direction from the power that is flowing, or has flowed, in the positive direction resulting in a net power usage. The default accumulation mode is absolute.
To change mode from absolute to signed using front panel, use the following steps:
1. Enter the Read/Write menu from the display: From the meter main menu, scroll down to diagnostics. The select read/write regs. It will ask you for your meter password. If default press the up arrow button to select 0 and press enter. In the read write regs screen press up/down button to go to your desired register. If you keep the arrow button pressed it will start to scroll through registers faster. To write a value to a register, hit enter when you reach the register and change the value.
2. Write 9020 to register 8000, this places the meter in setup mode.
3. Write 1 to register 3232
4. Write 1 to register 8001, this saves the changes.
5. Write 9021 to register 8000, this exits setup mode and initiates a soft reset on the circuit monitor.
To change the mode using ION setup, follow these steps.
1. Connect the meter in ION setup. Open setup assistant. Double click the energy and demand tab.
2. Change the accumulated energy from absolute to signed and send it to the meter.