Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Welcome to the Schneider Electric Global Website×
Goals and Symptoms
In some cases, a user will need to monitor multiple PowerLogic SCADA (PLS) systems from a single workstation or laptop. If one of these systems is version 7.10 and another is version 7.20, some complications may occur when launching one after the other. This article describes each issue and provides a work around process that must be followed each time the user switches between web deployments of the different versions.
Symptoms of running a 7.10 web deployment after running the 7.20 web client:
When the user attempts to run the web client for a 7.10 project after running the web client for a 7.20 project, the following behavior is encountered:
A red X will be displayed in the top left corner of the page and the web client does not appear to attempt to load.
Symptoms of running a 7.20 web deployment after running the 7.10 web client:
The user will receive the following error: "Starting Citect Web Client Failed: Can not load citectweb.dll."
Causes and Fixes
Solution for running a 7.10 web deployment after running the 7.20 web client:
1) Close all instances of Internet Explorer (IE).
2) Delete the Citect folder from C:\WINDOWS\system32. The attached batch file will accomplish this for a Windows XP operating system.
For clients that have windows 7 or 2008 operating system use the following batch file to delete the Citect folder folder from C:\Windows\SysWOW64
3) Reopen IE and launch the webclient for the 7.10 project. The proper cab file for the web client will be installed and the web client should successfully launch.
Solution for running a 7.20 web deployment after running the 7.10 web client:
1) Close all instances of IE.
2) Delete the Citect folder in the temp folder (Go to run, type %tmp% and click OK, then delete the Citect folder).
3) Run the web client for the 7.20 project. The cab file will be installed the first time and the web client should successfully launch.
Keywords: PLS, PLSCADA, PL SCADA, PowerSCADA, Power SCADA, StruxureWare PowerSCADA Expert, PSE, SPE 7.2, 7.20, 7.1, 7.10