The Internet of Things (IIoT) offers unprecedented possibilities for industries. Stay ahead with EcoStruxure™ Plant and Machine.Learn more
...with the EcoStruxure™ Facility Expert (formerly known as Facility Hero) app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
The story behind the Shedd Aquarium, a smart, sustainable facility that connects people to animals, with EcoStruxure™.Discover how
Welcome to the Schneider Electric Global Website×
Goals and Symptoms
When installing ENS 6.4, the install errors on the Database Maintenance step.
Causes and Fixes
Certain local security policy settings are prohibiting the install to complete.
1) Finish the installation by clicking the "Cancel" button.
2) Click "Start" -> "Run" then type secpol.msc and hit enter.
3) Expand Local Policies from left hand side menu.
4) Expand Security Options sub menu.
5) On the Policy tab search for the text "Network access: Do not allow storage of credentials or .NET Passports for network authentication"; double-click to open this policy.
6) Please ensure the radio button ("Disabled") under "Local Security Setting" is checked. Click "OK" to close the policy property page.
6) Navigate to the directory where ENS is installed (Default C:\Program Files\Schneider Electric\...) Browse for the directory named "DBMaintenance" and launch "DbMaintTasksUI.exe".
7) Supply an administrative username/password, select the SQL server instance where ENS is installed and click the "Apply" button to set up the database maintenance scripts.
8) The message "Scheduled tasks configured" should be displayed. Click "OK".
9) Click "Close" button to exit out of database maintenance tasks setup window.
ENS Setup is now complete.
Sign up for all the latest solutions, offers and best practices straight to your inbox.
We are excited that you have joined the group. You will receive your welcome email soon describing the program and what to expect in the upcoming weeks. Enjoy!