Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Explore our global offerings or select your country from one of our five regions.Global
Découvrez nos offres globales ou sélectionnez votre pays dans l’une de nos cinq régions.
Goals and Symptoms
When a web client user opens the web deployment, he notes that the project does not match the project running on the server.
Symptoms of this issue may include:
Causes and Fixes
The PowerLogic SCADA (PLS) Web Client downloads a web version of the project to a temp file cache on each client workstation the first time a deployment is accessed. This is stored in the \Documents and Settings\[logged on user]\Local Settings\Temp\Citect folder. Each subsequent time the web deployment is accessed, the local workstation will look to this cache to load the project interface to the web. As of Version 7.10 r01.2 (Service Release 2) of the PowerLogic SCADA product, this cache is not automatically refreshed with the most up-to-date copy of the project from the server. Therefore, it is possible that the project in the web client could look different from the project running in the Runtime interface on the server, especially after changes are made to the project.
The following steps will almost always ensure that the project the user sees in the web deployment is up-to-date.
1) Run the Web Deployment Preparation Tool on the current project from the Citect Explorer. This ensures that the webdeploy folder in the project directory is current.
2) In the web client workstation's Internet Explorer, open Internet Options and click on the Security tab. Click on Trusted Sites and add the server name and/or IP address. Set the security level for Trusted Sites to Default Level and drag the slider bar down to the Low setting. This ensures that the PowerLogic SCADA .cab file and all needed Active X Controls can be downloaded.
3) Go to the http://[server name]/citect page. Click Edit on the deployment and then click the Apply Changes button. This updates the IIS directory on the server with the current project copy from the webdeploy folder.
4) On the web client workstation, open Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\[logged on user]\Local Settings\Temp\ and delete the Citect folder.
5) Launch the web deployment.
Following these steps will cause the newest version of the project to get downloaded to the local web client workstation's cache. At this point, the web client should mirror the project running in Runtime on the server.
Keywords: PLSCADA, PL SCADA, r01, r01.1, r01.2, PLS 7.1, web cache refresh, temporary internet files, citect temp, mismatch, homepage, home screen
Sign up for all the latest solutions, offers and best practices straight to your inbox.
We are excited that you have joined the group. You will receive your welcome email soon describing the program and what to expect in the upcoming weeks. Enjoy!