Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Explore our global offerings or select your country from one of our five regions.Global
Découvrez nos offres globales ou sélectionnez votre pays dans l’une de nos cinq régions.
Goals and Symptoms
User is communicating to devices connected using the serial protocol in System Manager Software (SMS)
When no ethernet cable is connected to the server, the left LED in the SMS Setup Utility turns red and SMS is unable to communicate to the serially connected devices
Upon re-establishing the ethernet connection, the serial devices resume communicating
Causes and Fixes
The SRV and/or EVT Host in the SMS Config Utility is set to a static IP
Change the SRV and/or EVT host to 127.0.0.1
1. Close the SMS Setup Utility
2. Go to Start ->Windows Control Panel ->Administrative Tools ->Services
3. Right-click on the PowerLogic Network Server service and click Stop
4. Go to Start ->All Programs ->PowerLogic ->Tools ->SMS Config Utility
5. Click on the TCP/IP tab
6. Change the SRV and/or EVTHost addresses to 127.0.0.1
7. Click OK
8. Re-start the PowerLogic Network Server service from Services
Sign up for all the latest solutions, offers and best practices straight to your inbox.
We are excited that you have joined the group. You will receive your welcome email soon describing the program and what to expect in the upcoming weeks. Enjoy!