Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Explore our global offerings or select your country from one of our five regions.Global
Découvrez nos offres globales ou sélectionnez votre pays dans l’une de nos cinq régions.
Goals and Symptoms
When attempting to login to the SMS Webclient, the following Windows Internet Explorer pop-up window is received:
"[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'computernameIUSR_T61PBASE'. -Failed to build Client-Side Object Maps"
Causes and Fixes
This message is displayed when Windows Authentication is used for the authenticity of the login ID into SQL Server for the SMS_System database. You must use SQL Server authentication for the SMS_System database.
Change the authentication used for databases:
1. Open Windows Control Panel and select Administrative Tools
2. Click on Data Sources (ODBC)
3. Click on the System DSN tab, highlight "SMS-3000 System SQL" and click on Configure
4. Ensure that the computer name and SQL instance names are correct on the first screen and click Next
5. On the next screen, select the option "With SQL Server authentication using a login ID and password entered by the user", and enter a valid Login ID and corresponding password. Click Next
6. Verify the SMS_System database is selected from the drop down menu and click Next and click Finish
7. Re-attempt to log into SMSWeb
Sign up for all the latest solutions, offers and best practices straight to your inbox.