The Internet of Things (IIoT) offers unprecedented possibilities for industries. Stay ahead with EcoStruxure™ Plant and Machine.Learn more
...with the EcoStruxure™ Facility Expert (formerly known as Facility Hero) app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
The story behind the Shedd Aquarium, a smart, sustainable facility that connects people to animals, with EcoStruxure™.Discover how
Welcome to the Schneider Electric Global Website×
Goals and Symptoms
Red x appearing in default diagrams in Webreach (appears fine in Vista).
Error occurred AFTER installing the latest Vista_lvp.exe patch.
Causes and Fixes
The icons for Datalog Viewers, Control objects, etc. are stored in vasta.exe itself, and Webreach needs to access vista.exe to open the bitmaps in it.
So when you replaced Vista.exe with the patched version, it can reset some user permissions on the file and IUSR/IWAM (Webreach) could no longer open the file.
Add Everyone to open/read permissions on Vista.exe, and now webreach can read those bitmaps.
1) Open Windows Explorer and navigate to ...\Schneider Electric\ION Enterprise\System\Bin
2) Find the Vista.exe executable> Right click> Properties
3) Go to the Security tab then click on Add
4) In the Select Users or Groups window select Advanced
5) Click on Find Now button. Select the Everyone Group> OK>OK
6) Now the Everyone group should be added with default permissions being read & execute and read. Click OK.
Sign up for all the latest solutions, offers and best practices straight to your inbox.
We are excited that you have joined the group. You will receive your welcome email soon describing the program and what to expect in the upcoming weeks. Enjoy!