Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Welcome to the Schneider Electric Global Website×
Goals and Symptoms
Red x appearing in default diagrams in Webreach (appears fine in Vista).
Error occurred AFTER installing the latest Vista_lvp.exe patch.
Causes and Fixes
The icons for Datalog Viewers, Control objects, etc. are stored in vasta.exe itself, and Webreach needs to access vista.exe to open the bitmaps in it.
So when you replaced Vista.exe with the patched version, it can reset some user permissions on the file and IUSR/IWAM (Webreach) could no longer open the file.
Add Everyone to open/read permissions on Vista.exe, and now webreach can read those bitmaps.
1) Open Windows Explorer and navigate to ...\Schneider Electric\ION Enterprise\System\Bin
2) Find the Vista.exe executable> Right click> Properties
3) Go to the Security tab then click on Add
4) In the Select Users or Groups window select Advanced
5) Click on Find Now button. Select the Everyone Group> OK>OK
6) Now the Everyone group should be added with default permissions being read & execute and read. Click OK.