Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Explore our global offerings or select your country from one of our five regions.Global
Découvrez nos offres globales ou sélectionnez votre pays dans l’une de nos cinq régions.
Goals and Symptoms
Some devices do not have onboard memory in which to record data on the meter. It is still possible to record data for these devices in the software with the VIP. The procedure below explains how to set this up.
The setup will walk through creating a data recorder in the VIP which logs data from the meter and saves them to the SQL Server Database. If communications are lost to the meter in this configuration the data will not be recorded in the VIP during the communications loss since there is no buffer or memory to hold the data during the loss.
Facts and Changes
ION Reference document:
Causes and Fixes
Here are the steps to create a data recorder in the VIP. The ION Reference document (links above) will show detailed information about ION modules.
1. Open Designer, then go to File > Open and select the VIP.ServerName node.
2. Click Options > show toolbox to open the toolbox in Designer if it is not currently open.
3. Drag a Data Recorder module out of the toolbox, right click in the middle of the module, and set the depth under setup registers.
4. Drag a Periodic Timer module out of the toolbox and link the trigger output to the record input of the Data Recorder module. The default period of the periodic timer module is 15 minutes (900 seconds), however this can be changed by right clicking in the middle of the Periodic Timer module and changing the Period to the desired period in seconds.
5. In order to link values from the meter to the Data Recorder module, click on the input of the Data Recorder module and click New Source. Drag the link to the ION button located at the top in Designer which is circled in red below. Link to a device and a quantity that needs to be recorded.
6. Once all the quantities are linked to the Data Recorder module send and save the changes (File > Send&Save) and then close Designer.
7. Wait until the first log recorded by the recorder and then open Vista
8. Open the toolbox (options > show toolbox) and drag out a Datalog Viewer
9. Right click on the Datalog Viewer > select the Query tab > click Edit Query > select the meter and click Add > Next
10. Select the parameter > Add > Next
11. Select * for column selection > Add > next
12. Select sorting by timestamp > Add > Finish
13. Click OK on the Data log Viewer Config page > Save the changes (File > Save)
Double click on the data log viewer to see the records.
(Removed Image URL: /PubResEXPORT.nsf/2b87ee90be777fc085257c28006ee4ef/6b86aff669b6bffdc12576570010a297/fl_block_5/0.1A60?OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif)
Date Created: October 9, 2009
Last Revised: October 21, 2009
Original Author: TL
All content © 1992-2009 Schneider Electric
Sign up for all the latest solutions, offers and best practices straight to your inbox.
We are excited that you have joined the group. You will receive your welcome email soon describing the program and what to expect in the upcoming weeks. Enjoy!