Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Welcome to the Schneider Electric Global Website×
After upgrading to latest software (with new server name), users see’s software node which is related to obsolete software and they would like to remove that from the list.
For example, user could see an entry of a VIP, Queryserver, and Loginserter node from the obsolete software(with previous server name) and they would like to remove them in order to not create any confusion.
ION Enterprise, SPM, PME
After a VIP has been unregistered for obsolete software, the node still appears in the node list in Designer and in Vista. Or after moving to new server (with a new server name) the obsolete QUERYSERVER, LOGINSERTER node still appears in the node list in Designer and in Vista.
- Unregistering the VIP using the utility vip.exe does not remove the VIP from the ION_Network database.
- If the ION_Network database is brought over when moving to a new server, this brings the old node names with it.
*Warning: Irreparable database damage can occur. This procedure should only be performed by users familiar with SQL Server Management Studio. Databases should be backed up prior to performing this procedure.*
1) Take a back up of ION_Network database.
2) Open SQL Management Studio
3) Click on “New Query” and type the following query:
SELECT * FROM SoftwareNode
4) Then, click Execute
5) Locate the VIP, QUERYSERVER, LOGINSERTER you wish to delete from the resulting list and record it’s ID.
6) Next, click on “New Query” and type the following query:
DELETE FROM SoftwareNode WHERE ID=<ID> (Replace the <ID> with the actual ID recorded in step 5)
7) Then, click Execute
8) Repeat step 3 and 4 to verify that the entry is deleted.
If it can be verified that there is no customized programming (custom ION framework) in these old software nodes, you can remove the configuration files from the server as well:
For a QUERYSERVER or LOGINSERTER follow steps below:
1) On the ION Enterprise Primary server, navigate to ..\ION Enterprise\config\cfg\logsrv folder
2) If the old QUERYSERVER.<computername> or LOGINSERTER.<computername> is here, delete those folders.
3) Navigate to the ..\ION Enterprise\config\trees\ folder and if the old QUERYSERVER.<computername> or LOGINSERTER.<computername> files are here, delete the files.
For a VIP follow steps below:
1) On the ION Enterprise Primary server, navigate to ..ION Enterprise\config\cfg\vip folder
2) If the old VIP is here, delete this folder.
3) Navigate to the ..\ION Enterprise\config\trees\ folder and if the old VIP file is here, delete the file.