Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Welcome to the Schneider Electric Global Website×
Goals and Symptoms
When trying to access the User Adminstrator from Management Console, it returns:
''Runtime Error 457. This key is already associated with an element of this collection.''
Causes and Fixes
Most likely this is caused by a corrupt ''users.dat'' file.
- Close Management Console.
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to the folder \\ION Enterprise\\config\\security\\
- Rename ''users.dat'' to ''users.dat.old''
- Rename ''users.dat_'' to ''users.dat''
- Try accessing the User Administrator again.
Note: The users will be reset to the default of ''guest'' and ''supervisor'' with passwords of ''0''. You can now re-enter the new users. It is recommended that you back up the new ''users.dat'' file after repopulating it.
Original article#9401, SWKB-0451