Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Welcome to the Schneider Electric Global Website×
Goals and Symptoms
How To Import Data Into Access From ION Database
Causes and Fixes
To set up an ODBC data source:
* From the control panel, start the ODBC (Data Sources) applet.
* Click on the System DSN tab.
* Press the Add button.
* On the Create New Data Source dialog, double-click on the Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0 driver.
* In the Data Source Name field on the SQL Anywhere ODBC Configuration dialog, enter a name for the data source
* Press the Browse button and locate the database from which data will be imported.
* Press the OK button to accept the Data Source configuration.
To import data into Microsoft Access:
* Start Microsoft Access
* From the File menu, select GetExternalData - Import
* On the Import dialog, select ODBC Databases as the file type.
* On the Select Data Source dialog, click the Machine Data Source tab and select the Data Source Name associated with the source database.
* Enter the following user ID: DBA
* Enter the following password: SQL
* On the Import Object dialog, select the tables to be imported and click OK.
The data should appear in the Access database.
Original article#9581, SWKB-0059