Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Explore our global offerings or select your country from one of our five regions.Global
Découvrez nos offres globales ou sélectionnez votre pays dans l’une de nos cinq régions.
Goals and Symptoms
How To Import Data Into Access From ION Database
Causes and Fixes
To set up an ODBC data source:
* From the control panel, start the ODBC (Data Sources) applet.
* Click on the System DSN tab.
* Press the Add button.
* On the Create New Data Source dialog, double-click on the Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0 driver.
* In the Data Source Name field on the SQL Anywhere ODBC Configuration dialog, enter a name for the data source
* Press the Browse button and locate the database from which data will be imported.
* Press the OK button to accept the Data Source configuration.
To import data into Microsoft Access:
* Start Microsoft Access
* From the File menu, select GetExternalData - Import
* On the Import dialog, select ODBC Databases as the file type.
* On the Select Data Source dialog, click the Machine Data Source tab and select the Data Source Name associated with the source database.
* Enter the following user ID: DBA
* Enter the following password: SQL
* On the Import Object dialog, select the tables to be imported and click OK.
The data should appear in the Access database.
Original article#9581, SWKB-0059