The Internet of Things (IIoT) offers unprecedented possibilities for industries. Stay ahead with EcoStruxure™ Plant and Machine.Learn more
...with the EcoStruxure™ Facility Expert (formerly known as Facility Hero) app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
The story behind the Shedd Aquarium, a smart, sustainable facility that connects people to animals, with EcoStruxure™.Discover how
Welcome to the Schneider Electric Global Website×
Goals and Symptoms
How To Import Data Into Access From ION Database
Causes and Fixes
To set up an ODBC data source:
* From the control panel, start the ODBC (Data Sources) applet.
* Click on the System DSN tab.
* Press the Add button.
* On the Create New Data Source dialog, double-click on the Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0 driver.
* In the Data Source Name field on the SQL Anywhere ODBC Configuration dialog, enter a name for the data source
* Press the Browse button and locate the database from which data will be imported.
* Press the OK button to accept the Data Source configuration.
To import data into Microsoft Access:
* Start Microsoft Access
* From the File menu, select GetExternalData - Import
* On the Import dialog, select ODBC Databases as the file type.
* On the Select Data Source dialog, click the Machine Data Source tab and select the Data Source Name associated with the source database.
* Enter the following user ID: DBA
* Enter the following password: SQL
* On the Import Object dialog, select the tables to be imported and click OK.
The data should appear in the Access database.
Original article#9581, SWKB-0059
Sign up for all the latest solutions, offers and best practices straight to your inbox.
We are excited that you have joined the group. You will receive your welcome email soon describing the program and what to expect in the upcoming weeks. Enjoy!