Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Welcome to the Schneider Electric Global Website×
Opening a meter node template in Designer on a newly installed client machine reports the following error "The directory for node diagram could not be created"
Ion Enterprise 5.x/6.x
Struxureware Power Monitoring Expert 7.0.x
Struxureware Power Monitoring Expert 7.2.x Base/Healthcare/ Data Center Edition
Struxureware Power Monitoring Expert 8.0 Base/Buildings/Healthcare/ Data Center Edition
Open meter template in designer
1) The sharing permissions of the ION_Ent share folder are not set properly on the primary server
2) The client machine's Root2 registry key is not pointing to the config folder on the primary server
1) To resolve the issue, please follow the below steps:
1. On the primary Ion Enterprise/PME machine navigate to the folder Ion Enterprise/Power Monitoring Expert folder. The paths are as below:
For Ion Enterprise 5.x/6.x machines : ..\Program Files\Schneider Electric\
For SPM7.x/PME7.2.x/PME4DC7.2.x/PME4HC7.2.x/PME8 (all editions) : ...\Program Files (x86)\Schneider Electric\
2. Right click on Ion Enterprise/Power Monitoring Expert folder and go to properties and then click on tab labeled "Sharing"
3. Click on "Advanced Sharing" which will open a new window. Click on permissions
4. In the share Permissions tab, select Everyone on the top and provide permission to "change" by checking the box to Allow.
All share permissions are automatically set to the Read permission for the Everyone group; this includes the ION Enterprise share (ION_Ent).
A user must configure the ION_Ent share to the Change permission only if installing Secondary Servers on the network or if installing Clients
that require more than just Read permissions (e.g., A client user need to Modify Vista diagrams, update device templates etc)
2) Follow the steps below to check the value of the Root2 registry key on the client machine and ensure it is pointing to the config folder on the application server:
** Warning - Making registry changes can render the operating system inoperable. If you have any questions or concerns over this procedure please contact Powerlogic technical support at 615-287-3400 for assistance. **
1. On the client machine type 'regedit' into the Windows start menu search.
2. Right click on 'Computer', select the Export option, and save this file in a secure location. This will create a full back up of the registry in case any changes need to be reverted.
3. Browse to the registry directory below depending on the software version installed.
PME 7.2 and newer - Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Schneider Electric\Power Monitoring Expert\(version number)
PME 7.0.1 and older - Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Schneider Electric\ION Enterprise\(version number)
For example, the full registry path for a PME 8.1 system would be:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Schneider Electric\Power Monitoring Expert\8.1
while an ION Enterprise 6.0 system would be:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Schneider Electric\ION Enterprise\6.0
4. Within the numbered directory locate the 'Root2' registry key. On a client machine this path will point to the primary server's config folder. (example: \\PMESERVER\ION-Ent\config). On the server itself the path will display the local config directory as seen in the screen shot below.
5. Update the path in the Value data field after double clicking the 'Root2' registry key.