Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Explore our global offerings or select your country from one of our five regions.Global
Découvrez nos offres globales ou sélectionnez votre pays dans l’une de nos cinq régions.
Goals and Symptoms
Assigning an IP address to a M1E controller thats fresh out of the box with Concept Ethernet Configurator tool.
Causes and Fixes
1) Change the IP address and subnet mask on your PC to match the same IP scheme as what you are assigning to your M1E processor. (Example: 192.168.30.3, 255.255.255.0)
2) On your PC goto Start, All programs, Concept and select Ethernet Configuration. (Make sure you do not have concept running when opening the Ethernet configuration tool)
3) Connect an RJ45 crossover patch cable from the M1E to your PC.
4) Make sure your Master IP-Address matches your PCs IP address.
5) Select the Add button.
6) Replace the Node number with the 4 octet of your new IP address you would like to assign. (Example: 192.168.030.XXX)
7) Enter the IEEE Global address (MAC address) without spaces, then press the OK button.
8) Make sure all of your information in the main window is correct.
9) Press the BootP server button to turn it ON and you will notice the window to the right start to display the following (<<<?>>>).
10) At this point you will need to cycle power to the M1E processor and as it restarts will notice the Status will change from unknown to assigned.
11) Press the BootP server button to turn it OFF.
12) The LAN/ST LED should now be on solid.
13) Make sure that you can Ping the M1E with the new assigned IP address.
14) You can now start Concept and connect with the new IP address and download the project with all the new IP information.
15) After the download is completed and if you dont have a battery backup option module installed you must flash the program to ram memory so if you power cycle the M1E you will not loose all the info you just downloaded to the processor.
Sign up for all the latest solutions, offers and best practices straight to your inbox.
We are excited that you have joined the group. You will receive your welcome email soon describing the program and what to expect in the upcoming weeks. Enjoy!