Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Don’t miss the latest events, videos, or articles. It’s all in our news bulletin.Sign up now
Schneider Electric Global Website×
Explore our global offerings or select your country from one of our five regions.Global
Découvrez nos offres globales ou sélectionnez votre pays dans l’une de nos cinq régions.
Goals and Symptoms
How to upgrade XBTL application with Siemens MPI driver?
Facts and Changes
- for terminal XBTF024110 (CPU base 386): the MPI driver to select was "Siemens MPI S7", with XBTL version < V4.42
- for terminal XBTF024110(2) (CPU base Celeron, ROHS board): the MPI driver is now "MPI 3964R S7", and a gateway XBTZ979 must be added, with XBTL version > V4.42 : we recommand to use XBTL V4.51
Causes and Fixes
>>> Regarding Software:
- Use XBTL V4.51, and open the "old" application.
-Change terminal type from XBTFxx to the equivalent XBTFxx(2)
- save the application as "new"
- When upgrading an application (from "old" to "new"), you must consider those main differences about variable types:
1). Word -> Same in old and new applications
2). Double Word -> Same in old and new applications
3). Bit -> Some of them are different
Some of the bit addresses could not be converted correctly, it is due to the respective internal treatment of these two protocols in L1000.
Protocol Siemens S7 MPI MPI (3964R S7)
Bit Format %DBk Wi,j DBn DBXi.j
j 0~15 0~7
The conversion expression is:
IF J > 7 THEN
J -= 8; // Because the value of j cannot be more than 7 in MPI(3964R7) protocol.
>>> Regarding Hardware:
Add the following to connect XBTF to SiemensPLC:
- XBTZ 979 gateway
- XBT-Z9722 cable (provided with XBT-Z979)