Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Explore our global offerings or select your country from one of our five regions.Global
Découvrez nos offres globales ou sélectionnez votre pays dans l’une de nos cinq régions.
Goals and Symptoms
The purpose of this resolution is to explain how the IEC function block 'SYSSTATE' works in Concept.
Facts and Changes
This resolution applies to all versions of Concept.
Causes and Fixes
The SYSSTATE function block has three outputs namely COLD, WARM and ERROR.
Listed below are the different scenario under which the outputs of the SYSSTATE block will turn ON.
1. When the PLC goes through a power cycle (also known as cold start), the WARM output alone will turn ON.
2. When the PLC is stopped and re-started from the On-Line Control Panel (no program download), the WARM output alone will turn ON.
2. When the Controller is stopped and re-started after a program has been downloaded, the COLD and WARM outputs will both turn ON.
3. There is no unique condition for the COLD output alone to turn ON.
4. When the fault messages in the error buffer have not yet been read, the ERROR output will turn ON.