Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Don’t miss the latest events, videos, or articles. It’s all in our news bulletin.Sign up now
Schneider Electric Global Website×
Explore our global offerings or select your country from one of our five regions.Global
Découvrez nos offres globales ou sélectionnez votre pays dans l’une de nos cinq régions.
Goals and Symptoms
- 1) Soft charge time.
- 2) Inrush current of ATV61 on power up.
- 3) Does a DC choke help limit inrush?
Causes and Fixes
- 1) The soft charge time is 1 sec maximum. It's the time to start the switching mode power supply (SMPS), and load the capacitors.
- 2) The inrush current is available for the drive up to 18,5Kw (find attached the values). Above there are no inrush current because it's a technology with thyristor so it starts like a soft starter.
- 3) Yes the DC choke limit the inrush current, in fact it decreases the dv/dt.