The Internet of Things (IIoT) offers unprecedented possibilities for industries. Stay ahead with EcoStruxure™ Plant and Machine.Learn more
...with the EcoStruxure™ Facility Expert (formerly known as Facility Hero) app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
The story behind the Shedd Aquarium, a smart, sustainable facility that connects people to animals, with EcoStruxure™.Discover how
Welcome to the Schneider Electric Global Website×
Goals and Symptoms
- 1) Soft charge time.
- 2) Inrush current of ATV61 on power up.
- 3) Does a DC choke help limit inrush?
Causes and Fixes
- 1) The soft charge time is 1 sec maximum. It's the time to start the switching mode power supply (SMPS), and load the capacitors.
- 2) The inrush current is available for the drive up to 18,5Kw (find attached the values). Above there are no inrush current because it's a technology with thyristor so it starts like a soft starter.
- 3) Yes the DC choke limit the inrush current, in fact it decreases the dv/dt.
Sign up for all the latest solutions, offers and best practices straight to your inbox.
We are excited that you have joined the group. You will receive your welcome email soon describing the program and what to expect in the upcoming weeks. Enjoy!