Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Welcome to the Schneider Electric Global Website×
Goals and Symptoms
- 1) Soft charge time.
- 2) Inrush current of ATV61 on power up.
- 3) Does a DC choke help limit inrush?
Causes and Fixes
- 1) The soft charge time is 1 sec maximum. It's the time to start the switching mode power supply (SMPS), and load the capacitors.
- 2) The inrush current is available for the drive up to 18,5Kw (find attached the values). Above there are no inrush current because it's a technology with thyristor so it starts like a soft starter.
- 3) Yes the DC choke limit the inrush current, in fact it decreases the dv/dt.