Here’s what more than 2,500 business decision-makers around the world say.Download the report
...with the Facility Hero app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Everything you need to know about our IoT technology backbone.Learn more
Welcome to the Schneider Electric Global Website×
Goals and Symptoms
Network issues may be experienced after performing a ProWORX Netscan with an XBTF installed (TSXMBP100)
=> Concerned issues :
Using ProWORX Netscan:
Scan a Modbus+ network that contains one or more XBTF(s) equipped with MBP100 cards by means of:
1) The PC communicating to the PLC via Modbus and connecting to the Modbus Plus network via bridge mode.
2) Using Netscan on a network through a BP85 bridge that contains one or more XBTF(s) equipped with MBP100 cards.
=> Symptoms :
Issues that may be experienced are :
1) When bridging from Modbus to Modbus Plus: Once the XBTF is querried the Netscan will slow down. After the Netscan is completed Modbus communication will appear to be locked up.
2) When bridging to another Modbus Plus network via a BP85: The Data Slave path will be held. If 8 Netscans are performed all 8 Data Save paths will be in use and no communication will occur in that direction.
=> Recovery :
Once the issue has been experienced the methods to restore are:
1) When bridging from Modbus to Modbus Plus: Power cycle of the PLC.
2) When bridging to another Modbus Plus network via a BP85: Power cycle of the XBTF or the BP85.
=> Environment :
This patch is available for XBTL-1000 v4.30 and all XBT-F.
The modification has been integrated to XBTL1000 V4.40 and V4.42.
This patch is available for the TSXMBP100 hardware version 2.1 or higher.
Facts and Changes
Proworx - Concept - XBTF - XBTL1000 V4.30 - TSXMBP100 card release 2.1 (or more) - Bridge - scan - Modbus+
Causes and Fixes
=> This patch resolves the ProWORX Netscan issues that were described.
=> Attached files :
The patch is composed of 3 files : MBPL070.XEX, MBPL080.XEX and xbtmbpl.des.
=> Procedure to follow to install the patch :
The procedure to install the patch is :
1- close XBTL1000
2- in the XBTL1000 repertory (\program files\schneider electric\XBT-L1000\), rename the 2 already existing files "MBPL070.XEX" and "MBPL080.XEX" by replacing the ".XEX" by ".OLD". Rename the file "xbtmbpl.des" replacing the ".des" extension by ".OLD".
3- copy the 3 new files (MBPL070.XEX, MBPL080.XEX and xbtmbpl.des) in the XBTL1000 repertory (\program files\schneider electric\XBT-L1000\)
4- erase/format a pcmcia card
5- open XBTL1000, and download the application (by pcmcia or by cable)
6- test the application
(Removed File URL: 168292_7BCA/patch.zip)(Removed Image URL: /PubResEXPORT.nsf/2b87ee90be777fc085257c28006ee4ef/34e35b2e93b02240c1256fd500388149/fl_block_5/0.1394?OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif)
The patch is composed of 3 files : MBPL070.XEX, MBPL080.XEX and xbtmbpl.des