The Internet of Things (IIoT) offers unprecedented possibilities for industries. Stay ahead with EcoStruxure™ Plant and Machine.Learn more
...with the EcoStruxure™ Facility Expert (formerly known as Facility Hero) app in hand! Discover how you can optimize your maintenance efforts today.Learn more
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
The story behind the Shedd Aquarium, a smart, sustainable facility that connects people to animals, with EcoStruxure™.Discover how
Welcome to the Schneider Electric Global Website×
The purpose of this resolution is to inform users of Advantys Ethernet Network Interface Modules (STB NIP 2212) that the following files have been upgraded:
Goals and Symptoms
The Exec. was updated to fix the following issues:
1. Outputs could come on for 500ms under certain conditions.
2. The LAN ST LED would blink 4 times (duplicate address detected) if a hub or switch is powered up after 2 or more Ethernet NIMs on a network are powered up.
3. During initialization, the LAN ST LED blink pattern appeared as valid LAN Status codes and could be misinterpreted as an error or status.
4. LAN ST LED blinks 4 times (duplicate address detected) if a link was broken and then re-established between the NIM and a hub/switch
5. Inconsistent Ethernet NIM response times.
6. Unable to accurately count an error code blink pattern with the ERRor LED.
7. A failure loading the Exec. may randomly occur when using the Loader Utility (dated 12/8/03).
The Web pages, updated to version 1.12.0, were changed with the following:
1. Adds CAN Extension modules to the Web pages.
2. Increased the size of some text boxes that would not properly display all of the characters in that field.
Facts and Changes
This affects STBNIP2212's with:
Exec. version 1.12.0 or lower.
Web pages at 1.10.0 or lower.
Causes and Fixes
Updating the Exec. to v.1.16.0 and the Web pages to v.1.12.0 resolves the above mentioned issues.
The attached document contains the following:
Sign up for all the latest solutions, offers and best practices straight to your inbox.
We are excited that you have joined the group. You will receive your welcome email soon describing the program and what to expect in the upcoming weeks. Enjoy!